Forum Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Etiquette

For those of you who are new to using internet forums, or if you could use a refresher, we would like to provide a link to an informative and readable article about internet forum etiquette. When you are only using the written word to express yourself, things don't always come across the way you intend them to. This quide will help you understand and express yourself better on MWO.

Proper Internet Forum and Message Board Etiquette - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

If you cannot link directly from this post, please cut and paste the address into your browser.

Forum Etiquette

what address?

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Hi.
      should Damo180 be calling Someone an "asshole" publicly..the result is this person isn't coming back?
      I thought this was supposed to be a safe and supportive place?
      MH

Comment

Forum Etiquette

so much spam... so little time

Eek! The spammer post got deleted and now this sits here all alone.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Reportage done almost two hours ago Froglet...

Wishing you sweet dreams...:happyheart:
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Is everyone familiar with how the "Ignore" feature works? I would like to suggest that people use that feature with posters they don't like or agree with, rather than start "board wars" that end up needlessly upsetting many forum members. Rather than stalking posters you don't like all over the forum, and challenging them in a WAY off topic manner, why not just put that poster on Ignore? That way you never have to read and subsequently be bothered by anything they say. That way the entire forum does not have to endure the bickering and general upset.

Click on the user name in question. When their profile info comes up, look at the blue bar across the top. There is an option to "add this person to your ignore list."

I realize this might take all the fun out of it for people who are determined to FIGHT and WIN. And somehow enjoy the drama of the upset. Hopefully we are all trying to grow and mature beyond the need to do that sort of thing.

If you think a post violates the terms of service here at MWO, report it to the moderator by clicking the triangle button in the upper right corner of the post. And/or send a private message to the poster and settle your differences off the forum.

Just wanted to point out that we have options beyond stalking, jabbing, attacking, and fighting.

FWIW..

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Cya!

Comment

Forum Etiquette

This above from doggygirl works wonders.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Doggygirl,

Thank you for the information. Will you cut and paste this over in the area I usually hang as some folks just stay there, don't really check other sites, and may miss this valuable post.

:l
                  Eve11

p.s. BTW, I love your tickerfactory.com site
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Thank you for the very helpful information, Doggy Girl. I had no idea I could ignore someone.
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Forum Etiquette

Doggygirl,
                      I've been going through old threads and I happened upon this one. Thanks for the info about ignoring a poster. I'm on the meds section and we had some unrest a couple of weeks ago. The next time it happens I'll repost your post.
                      Thanks,
                      kronkcarr

Comment

Working...
                      X