Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As I kissed my son this morning on the cheek....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss October;786790 wrote: Good Morning, I just would like to acknowledge those who I have not mentioned.

maslow, thank you, and I wish you strength too.

roberta, thanks and I do feel I have made a decision. Something just feels different this time around. I can't explain it.

dancelot, I have reread my post a few times over and in my head. That's why I posted it, to make it more real. I don't count AF days until they are over also. I just wanted to put it in my signature, so I can watch the days accumulate.....optimistic aren't I ? I know all to well how in the morning you say I will not drink tonight, and then as you drive home from work, automatic pilot to the liquor store......just two tonight my brain tells me.....rarely happens.

Ruby thanks for your support.

Gearhead, seeing a note like that from your eight year old would sober anyone up. Congrats on almost 3 months AF.

Last night was great. At first I was cranky at dinner time. Did not cook as much, and left kitchen as soon as I could, and then I was fine the rest of the evening. Watched one of my favorite shows "Glee" with my 14 year old son for two hours, and another hour of the "People's Choice Award". We had such a fun time. It was just amazing not being in a cloud of alcohol !!

Day One Completed.....Please take care everyone.
    I am so happy for you. You had a wonderful, lucid time with your son. Keep building on these experiences. I am trying to do same. And by the way, I don't think it's weird at all you still kiss your 14 year old son good night. My 20 year old just went through a really horrible break-up with his girlfriend, and I held him in my arms and let him sob like a baby. We never stop being Mothers. I hope you have another good night! Peace.

Comment

Gearhead;786620 wrote: While cleaning today I found a journal page of my eight year olds crumpled up behind his dresser. It said "I'm worried about my dad, but he is sleeping peacefully." I'm ashamed because I know it was one of the many times I passed out. Even though I'm almost 3 months sober this was heartbreaking. I'm keeping it in my wallet as a reminder.
      Wow, powerful stuff, Gearhead. Your little guy must love you very much to write something so sophisticated. Do it for him, do it for you. Blessings & Peace to you today.

Comment

Working...
      X