Drunk Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drunk Driving

That is awesome Time4change. I am so happy for you that you are recognizing this horrible problem with alcohol so much earlier in your life than I did. All the signs were there for me, as you have described they are there for you. I just chose to ignore them for many many years and the problems with alcohol only get worse - never better. So good for you.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Drunk Driving

I have a friend who was one minute driving down our main 4-lane, sipping her wine cooler from a paper cup, then the next was trying to figure out what had happened. She had hit THREE cars, INCLUDING THE COUNTY SHERIFF!!! And it was her 2nd DUI in a month. Also, a man who worked for Hubs was arrested for having THREE DUI's in three counties, within a 2 week period. Another, a supervisor, was quietly let go after showing up at work so drunk he couldn't sit in his chair, over and over. He unfortunately died within a month. So, you see, the consequences get worse and worse. It's never worth it. An automobile becomes a deadly weapon at the hands of a drinker.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Drunk Driving

Time - it's very good that you're recognizing this problem. Especially about driving.

I don't really know what to add to what others have written. Here in Florida the limit is 0.08 - which is Nothing, basically! And a cop can still arrest you if it's less than that but he "feels" you're impaired!

So the breathalizer is not such a good idea, since you know if you've had ANY - which should mean you don't drive.

Or if you MUST drink - you should force yourself (somehow) to take a taxi. Just make that a rule: One drink = Taxi. You say you're not working, so that may be difficult to do... but that's MUCH less expensive (or heartbreaking, etc.) than getting DUI.

If you're at home drinking & want to visit a friend, have them pick you up.

You somehow have to make RULES for yourself that have NO exception. Easier said than done. Good luck!
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Drunk Driving

Don't drink and drive Period. Zero drinks if you drive. I'm not a saint, I have driven drunk many times. But I did the research on the specifics of my state and it scared the sh!t out of me. Under legal limit does NOT mean you can legally drive in most states the verbage is "any degree of impairment. If you are over the legal limit it's just easier for the prosecution. It is simply not worth the risk. Add to that the risk of injuring or killing someone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxtuZefQIyY&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]]YouTube - Killed By A Wrong Way Drunk Driver, Eddel Rivera

Comment

Drunk Driving

Thanks Gearhead, gonna look at that video everyday. I saved it. Hopefully if I drill it into my head I can realize when I may get drunk in the future to NOt do it.

Comment

Drunk Driving

WATCH THIS CLIP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8[/video]]YouTube - TAC 2009 Christmas Campaign TV ad - 20 Anniversary retrospective montage "Everybody Hurts"

Watch this clip on YouTube. It's so scary. Everyone should watch it. Someone posted the link, before Xmas.

Comment

Drunk Driving

I agree with everyone: take a cab, buy enough, have it delivered from a market -- anything but drive. I'm surprised I didn't kill someone during my drinking career.

Oh, and not everyone dies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-10p1ylZhJM&NR=1[/video]]YouTube - Jacqueline Saburido

Be safe.

Comment

Working...
                X