X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 11 January

evening all

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

stirly-girly;788927 wrote: Yeah Grims, work will do that. Those bills just won't go away will they?
      I had a really awesome experience when I was in my late teens. A friend of mine had built his own glider plane and took me for a ride in it. It was an unforgettable experience. Very quiet. Very beautiful. Just thought of it now. Probably too tame for you.....
      Heck no Stirls, I love gliding.....it is a truly awesome experience.....
      'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

Hiya mario, you caught me just as I was signing off for the evening. Got a great book to read....

See you troopers later.....night Stirls....
        'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

Night Grims. Good reading...
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

see ya grim,enjoy the book :-)

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

hiya stirly-girly how is it going

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

mario;788938 wrote: evening all
                Hey Mario, what's up?
                How's the weather there? Did I read something a couple of days ago about you and university? What's that about?
                Stirly

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

no stirly not university,just back to education,didn't get to much before,this should help me to get into collage in september.
                  weather is freezing but no snow,

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

Wow, that is so great. My brother-in-law who is 52 is in his second year of a three-year college course. He's being retrained (re-educated) due to an accident at work. He's taking business management. Wow, I just admire him so much. It's really a tough thing to go back to school. I have no idea how old you are but it seems to me a difficult thing to do at any age over 30. Good for you. :goodjob:
                    Just realized you're coming up on one year sober. Hopefully next year at this time I will be proudly able to say that about myself. You are an inspiration to us. Truly.
                    Be strong,
                    Stirly

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

thanks and how are things going for you stirly

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

Thanks for asking Mario. I messed up over Christmas and New Years. Couldn't make it AF as much as I wanted to, but didn't want to admit it. So I kinda lurked around, checking out posts here and there but rarely posting. I got left alone a lot over Christmas which for some reason bothered me this year and stupid me invited AL over to keep me company. He didn't even have to call or anything, I just rang him up and said - the door's open, come right in. Don't even bother to wipe your feet or take your hat off. Anyway, I finally admitted to being stressed on that mood thingey. Jackie noticed right away and kindly asked how I was. I was really touched. Then she gave me a bit of a well-deserved talking to in the nicest way. Jackie's really good at stuff like that. She knows exactly what to say and how to say it. Anyway, I decided to take her advice and have straightened things out. Posting and reading posts here really helps me. You guys might get tired of seeing my avatar but it's something I need. You have all been so supportive. This is just the best place. I messed up and could have gotten back on track earlier. I just forgot for a few days how much the folks here at MWO really, truly care for each other.
                        Thanks again for asking...
                        Stirly:butterfly:

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

stirly dont ever think you post to much,its great that your here and i did wonder where you got to, the more people post and talk the more help we all get.sharing your thoughts & feelings is another part of recovery.

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

Thanks. I can be a bit long-winded at times tho'. What are you planning to take at college?
                            P.S. Anyone heard from JC this evening. Except for that little note about her teen-aged dentist, we haven't had another sign of her...

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

I just got a call from a cousin who's willing to sell me an adjoining peice of our family land she inherited at a great price because, as well as the horrible economy and tight money, her husband just landed a HUGE speeding ticket and DUI! She MUST sell, so I'm helping us both, but what a way to lose part of your heritage. The farm's been in our family 200 years.
                              sigpic
                              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 11 January

how much is a huge speeding ticket

Comment

Working...
                                X