really stressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really stressed

Hi. I'm doing ok with AL. Keeping with goals. Just really stressed. Cut back on campral, maybe that has something to do with it. Just really stressed. Can't stop crying. Husband wants to know what is wrong, I dont' want to talk to him. He has hurt me so much. I am focussing on old things that really hurt. This is bad. What can I do?
    SOOO thankful for any advice.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
    AF since May 6, 2010

really stressed

I take L-Theanine for anxiety and stress. It's natural and helped me fairly quickly. You can get it at most health stores. The other thing I did was try to stay busy, focus on a task.

Wish I could be more help.

Sending you :l and support
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

really stressed

Tulipe, our body goes through so much when we quit. Our chemicals are out of whack, and being women, that's doubled. Plus, you mentioned past hurts that are becoming real again to you without the AL. We have to learn to face real life again, and it hurts, sometimes a lot. It may be the campral. I would suggest you check out the holistic page, and the meds page. I have a script for antidepressant and antianxiety, which you may need, but others may be able to give you more help with natural, herbal treatments that can help you. And counselling is a very good possibility. This will pass, but there are things that will help you. It's just a matter of finding the one for you.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

really stressed

Tulipe: I'm not familiar with campral but maybe cutting back is making you stressed. These days, it doesn't take much to stress us, does it? I like to go to my bedroom and shut the door and be alone - to cry or read something positive and uplifting. I also love reading others posts here - they really help me! I'm sending hugs to you and hoping that you will feel better soon. As I try to tell myself often, this too shall pass!

Love,
        Kelly
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

really stressed

Here are some things that help me:
          1. L-Glutamine - lots of it.
          2. www.thework.com.
          3. Breathing - it should be a required course in every kindergarten and university. Make exhalation longer than inhalation - it activates the parasympathetic (letting down) nervous system.
          4. Realizing I am not in control. Damn.
          :l Hang in. It will change.
          "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

really stressed

Have you tried Vit B, that helps me with stress
            Hope you are ok
            Love Ronnie
            xx
            :dancin: enguin:
            starting over

Comment

really stressed

Agree!

I agree w/ alot of the advice, breathing deep and concentrating on it(meditating), crying, letting it all out, reading some spiritual uplifting book, keeping busy, try to keep your focus off him, I am doing alot of that right now w/ what I am going thru, read other posts too...... All great advice,

hope u r ok, lots of big hugs!!!:l:l

MA:h
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

really stressed

Hi Tulipe,
                How are you feeling today?
                I so know that feeling of being so stressed and low that you dont know where to turn.
                Try this, write a letter to your husband, put down everything in it that hurt or upset you, the reasons and how you felt. Just write everything you think. Read it back a few times, and then burn it. It may help you to let go of old hurts.
                I really hope this helps sweetie.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

really stressed

Hi Tulipe

I have been feeling more uplifted since taking 400mg SAMe a day. It's a natural mood enhancer. Also helps with aching joints.

I buy it from a pharmacy, but it is available in the Health Store here as well.
                  Alcohol is poison to my life - AF 04 January 2010

Comment

really stressed

Hi Tulipe,
                    Lot's of good advice here. One of the main things that I found when I stopped drinking was how unstable my emotions became. The first few months were very difficult. I would be high as a kite one moment, then I'd catch myself with tears rolling down my face and wondering what the hell was going on the next. It has been put down to the brain re-wiring itself and I would agree.
                    Now, I would have laughed if someone had told me a couple of years ago that I would be sitting cross-legged contemplating life, the Universe and everything, but I allowed my mind to be opened and I find dedicating a small part of my day to a calming meditation and changing the focus of my attention away from the past and onto the present moment such a useful tool. It helps me stop wondering about 'what ifs' and allows my calmer, creative side a lot more freedom. I don't want to forget the past, rather learn about myself and other people without wanting to score any points or having anyone else decide how I should feel or live my life. I had so many false preconceptions about so many things and I needed to start again and find my truth; my own path. It took me a while to settle down but these feelings of helplessness and inadequacy that sometimes occur along with the euphoric, crazy highs have mostly passed and there is a place of quiet contentment to be found somewhere in the middle.

Comment

really stressed

Popeye;790212 wrote: Hi Tulipe,
                      Lot's of good advice here. One of the main things that I found when I stopped drinking was how unstable my emotions became. The first few months were very difficult. I would be high as a kite one moment, then I'd catch myself with tears rolling down my face and wondering what the hell was going on the next. It has been put down to the brain re-wiring itself and I would agree.
                      Now, I would have laughed if someone had told me a couple of years ago that I would be sitting cross-legged contemplating life, the Universe and everything, but I allowed my mind to be opened and I find dedicating a small part of my day to a calming meditation and changing the focus of my attention away from the past and onto the present moment such a useful tool. It helps me stop wondering about 'what ifs' and allows my calmer, creative side a lot more freedom. I don't want to forget the past, rather learn about myself and other people without wanting to score any points or having anyone else decide how I should feel or live my life. I had so many false preconceptions about so many things and I needed to start again and find my truth; my own path. It took me a while to settle down but these feelings of helplessness and inadequacy that sometimes occur along with the ecstatic, crazy highs have mostly passed and there is a place of quiet contentment to be found somewhere in the middle.
                      cant add any more to this tulipe its part of our journey we go through,sending you lots of positive hugs & thoughts.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

really stressed

startingover;790173 wrote: Hi Tulipe,
                        How are you feeling today?
                        I so know that feeling of being so stressed and low that you dont know where to turn.
                        Try this, write a letter to your husband, put down everything in it that hurt or upset you, the reasons and how you felt. Just write everything you think. Read it back a few times, and then burn it. It may help you to let go of old hurts.
                        I really hope this helps sweetie.
                        Good morning all.
                        Tulipe dear, after talking to you in chat last night I think that Starts has a good idea here. I'm sure the other advice about the supps and such are good, too. I don't know about them but I am sure that Sky, Red and Akgirl wouldn't have advised you about something if they weren't absolutely sure about it. I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time. Perhaps if you followed Starts advice about the letter it would help you realise what is bothering you the most. And perhaps after you could find the courage and the way to talk to your husband about some of these things that are upsetting you. Surely keeping it bottled up inside will do you no good. I do hope you are feeling better today and less stressed. All of the advice the others have given you sound so good. Especially the breathing and meditation parts. Find a quiet calm place for yourself and try to think positive thoughts. I hope you can find your way through this.:l:l
                        Stirly
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                        X