Progress update-tapering down questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all. I have been around for a while, but was awol for quite some time. While away, I let my intake creep up till I was drinking 5-6 glasses of white wine nightly, with an occasional 7 or 8 glasses a night :bang(not very often, thank goodness). My weight crept up, as did my blood pressure. Cutting down thru my doc is out of the question for many reasons, so I have been tapering.

I switched form wine to beer Monday night, and had 3. I planned on having 3 again on Tuesday, as I was feeling rather head-achy and out of sorts, but could only finish 2 Tuesday night. Last night I had 2 as well.

I have been super tired, taking a nap after work yesterday, then sleeping from 9:30 till 6:30 this morning. The general out of sorts has continued too. But the strangest thing-one I have never experienced, and did not anticipate, is that everything leaves a very bitter,metallic sort of taste in my mouth. Is that common during tapering/withdrawal?

I am planning another 2 tonight, then down to 1 tomorrow. Does that sound reasonable, or should I stretch it a few more days based on past usage, weight, and blood pressure?Any thoughts or comments are welcome. I remember many of you, and look forward to getting to know many more!
    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

If your not having any worse symptoms than that, your doing well, and can probably stop soon. Start building yourself up, taking vitamins, supplements, exercise. Yes, a lot of strange things happen to us for a while since our body's adjusting. Keep it up, you're doing great.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
    X