Does this happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this happen to you?

Just wonderin....Do big accomplishments that seem big to you seem small to others? Others meaning friends or family that don't have this problem. For instance on the day that I went to the Dr. to get help, my appointment was at 2:00 so I didn't have me usual starting at noon beers. I did not get home until about 5:00 and had my first of 5 for that night. Keep in mind I usually drink 10 to 12 or more a day and also the fact that I didn't get any meds that day and still haven't. I was pretty proud of my self, yet when I told other they were like "oh, okay". The next day I think I had a few (4 or 5) beers and 2 glasses of wine. Ok, not great but still good for me. Then yesterday, I had 3 beers and one glass of wine. Just kinda of discouraging to me that the non-drinkers in my life don't see the progress as big as I do. You guys may not see it either, but I was just wondering if this happens to you. P.s. still dont have any non-craving meds yet, just buspar for anxiety and smoking cigs like a freight train! Got a call in to my Dr. to see if he's has decided on a med yet.

Does this happen to you?

I think for me it is a personal accomplishment -- also, I have learned that so many folks are self involved that they don't care ... afterall, you are doing it for you ... right????

Good job on the tapering!!!!
    Tiny

Comment

Does this happen to you?

((((Readytotry)))))

We here know what an accomplishment it is. :goodjob: But yeah, those who aren't alcohohics are like, well yeah you had an appointment so of course you didn't drink. They don't realize you are used to drinking and feel the urge even when you know you can't. That's why MWO is so such a good resource, we do understand. Keep up the tapering!

Comment

Does this happen to you?

Hi Ready
        yeah I agree with Hart, anyone who isn't an alcoholic has'nt a CLUE of the challenge of all this. I don't smoke so maybe its like a smoker telling me he/she had 5 cigs instead of 10 a day? ( tho I still think the addictive personality in me would still appreciate what they have done). My husband can sit chatting with friends for 2 to 3 hours over 2 beers and have a lovely time and in my head I'm thinking Wow you're allowed drink why not have some!! Basically Ready I agree with Tiny, it is a personal achievement however little others think of it and if it gives us some sense of self achievement that is a reward, for what its worth Ready I think you did great! Give me one drink I need 20
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
        X