ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

It just occured to me, or maybe it was a cumulative thing, that acknowledging those who make a difference in our life, our day, our breakfast! is something we too often overlook. How often do we say, 'Thank you for your sweet smile' to the person who hands us our cup of coffee, or who was there in the middle of the night when we could only think of ourself, or brought that bowl of soup when we actually wanted to die with a virus. Saying 'Thank you', or 'It's nice to see you', or 'You always make my day better', is a habit with me. Telling an older lady 'you look especially lovely today' goes MILES in warming her heart. Beauty is not in face or form, it is spirit. NOTHING will ever be as nice as the surprised smile on the face of the recipient, and, as for me, it changes my day. Let's try, if just for one day, the experiement of looking at the world as not 'my problem', but how I can make it better for the person I next meet. Notice that extra bounce in their step, or that they need a shoulder to lean on. Notice the little things that many wonderful selfless people do daily. I love that word. Selfless. It doesn't mean we give up our identity. It means we give to our fellow man without expectation of reward. I've seen it in its best and worst forms, for half a century. I hope you younger people will learn it now. It will save you heartaches, and make your world SO much sweeter to live in.:l
    Ruby
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Amen Ruby, very well said.
    I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you that have kept me AF on the night shift in the chat room. Day 7 here for me and I owe it all to y"all! Thank you.

Comment

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Thanks for that Ruby, so very true!

Comment

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

so true ruby,i say good morning to everyone i meet, i get some funny looks.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Thanks for that Ruby.

And it's often the people we love the most who miss out on those little niceties from us the most.
          Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

And to all of you, thank you for being here, listening to me, and being part of my day.
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

You are correct Ruby, it costs nothing to have good manners and be polite to people. Nor does it cost us anything to do a kind deed or say a kind word that may brighten somebodies day, just when they need it most. It costs nothing yet it may enrich our own lives immeasurably without us even realising it.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Thanks Rubes, thats a lovely post and much food for thought :l
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Thanks Ruby, you are so right xxx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Thought I would add this lovely peice TLRGS sent me that goes along with what I wrote:

One day a woman's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't "anymore". No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to
                    chat, no more "just one minute." Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye, say"I love you."

So while we have it, it's best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick. This is true for marriage.....And old cars... And children with bad report cards, and dogs with bad hips, and aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a sister-in-law after divorce. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, like people we know who are special.. And so, we keep them
                    close!

I received this from someone who thought I was a 'keeper'! Then I sent it to the people I think of in the same way.... Now it's your turn to send this to all those people who are "keepers" in your life, including the person who sent it, if you feel that way. Suppose one morning you never wake up, do all your friends know you love them?

I was thinking...I could die today, tomorrow or next week, and I wondered if I had any wounds needing to be healed, friendships that needed rekindling or three words needing to be said.

Let every one of your friends know you love them. Even if you think they don't love you back, you would be amazed at what those three little words and a smile can do. And just in case I'm gone tomorrow.

I LOVE YA!!!

Live today because tomorrow is not promised..
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X