Almost Started Over Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the triggers I've identified were in place. Fighting with the ex, son not here, working in the garage (usually was beer drinking time), thinking about work, finances, pounding headache (beer always seemed to help). A voice in my head kept saying "just one tall beer would be OK". Anyway, I didn't cave. Small victories!

That's awesome, Gearhead! I think every hurdle like that you get through makes it easier the next time ~ rewires your brain or something.

:goodjob:

Comment

That is a HUGE victory I think!
      Well done Gearhead.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Yes gearhead a victory it is, but unfortunately one of many that have to be won,Try and have a plan for the next time these triggers come.well done again.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good work Gearhead
          It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

That's great you saw it coming, Gear. And the best thing I've found when the Devil comes calling? Head straight here and talk, just like you did. :yay:
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Gearhead;792275 wrote: All the triggers I've identified were in place. Fighting with the ex, son not here, working in the garage (usually was beer drinking time), thinking about work, finances, pounding headache (beer always seemed to help). A voice in my head kept saying "just one tall beer would be OK". Anyway, I didn't cave. Small victories!
              Gearhead, good for you for not caving. Have you ever thought about Yoga (I'm being serious) or meditation? I'm very similar in that stress can trigger desire to drink and blow it off via alcohol. I'm exercising a lot these days, and it's helping tremendously. ODAT!
              Today you said 'no' to the poison. Excellent!

Comment

Gearhard, well done!
                Every time we do not cave in you build another emotional muscle to deal with life w/o AL
                Take pride in it!
                "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
                Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Congratulations! I know just how you feel! I'm only eight days A/F but I was soooo close to caving a few days ago. Aren't you just so happy you didn't! Be strong!

Comment

Well done Gear! Keep up your defences.......
                    'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Gearhead,
                      I think that one day of 'made it' is worth a thousand pearls. One day means more days are possible, and imaginable.
                      Make another day for us. It gives us all an example which helps.
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Good for your Gearhead!
                        Just keep telling yourself - beer doesn't help anything
                        Keep up the great work!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wow thanks for all the encouragement!! Only my fellow drunkards understand. It seems to be getting easier as I go. I remind myself of the drama and financial havoc my hobby created for me last year and trudge on.

Comment

Working...
                          X