CowGal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CowGal Update

Sending my thoughts and prayers over to Mary Ann and her family.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

CowGal Update

Wishing the best for MA and all who love her.

Comment

CowGal Update

I am heartbroken and shocked by this news.
        Dear God. Why?
        I am praying that I do not lose a really kind gentle beautiful caring sensitive compassionate funny life-loving harmless talented, but very ditzy friend. Someone who had become a big part of my life over the last 6 months. I wish I could tell her that right now, and then shout at her for what she has done. She knows that I would shout at her, as well. We've told each other off quite a lot over the last six months. But she does make me laugh with her ditziness.
        Not 24 hours ago, she was working on paintings of my dogs, and artwork for a children's novel I've written, amongst other book covers, so that she could put them on her site. I was also working on the text for her new web site. Anything we could do together to get her new art business off the ground. It was her passion for her new life. I got at least ten really upbeat e-mails in the last 36 hours alone.
        She was thrilled about her new apartment. We'd even talked about her coming over to visit me later in the year, or me visiting her.
        How sad. Dear God.
        I am so shocked. On New Years Day, we chatted for well over an hour on the 'phone. She was so upbeat. She was at a really noisy bonfire and chatting away like she was so up for life.
        I'm praying with all my heart that she doesn't go. I'm also praying for her family, particularly the boys and her mother. Her mother saw such a new vibrant life for her, she always told me. I also pray for her friends, one of whom I am still proud and privileged to be.
        After all, she does have a very big heart. A heart that she was quite happy to share with anyone and everyone she ever met. Long may it continue.
        She has always done me much more good than I ever did for her. And I pray that she will continue to do so for many years yet. After I've finished shouting at her, of course.

Comment

CowGal Update

My thoughts and prayers are with MA and her sons. So tragic.

Comment

CowGal Update

I am in chat and the latest news is that there have been movement from Mary Ann. This is a good sign.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

CowGal Update

Praying. Not something I usually do.
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

CowGal Update

Praying.
                to the light

Comment

CowGal Update

Thanks for her picture. It helps to visualize what we want her back to. I see a beautiful woman and a big light shining...Please God give her the chance to come back to her family, to make the changes she needs to make to find peace on earth...May she somehow pull through this over the course of tonight and BE THAT MIRACLE as we know it is possible. Peace to all~

Comment

CowGal Update

I am stunned. My Deep Thoughts and Prayers for CowGal, her friends and Family. We were just chatting with her last week in the chat room and she expressed having a difficult time, but we cheered her up abit and in turn she cheered us up more. Telling funny stories about horse riding and stuff. At the end she we were all LOL. It was a good session. Now this - It makes no sense - maybe we are not supposed to understand this - I am in shock. I have to believe she will pull though - I have to believe this - And my deepest prayers to God for her full recovery....

Comment

CowGal Update

She will be okay. This just isn't right she has to be okay. Come on MaryAnne...
                      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                      :what?:
                      sigpic
                      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                      A Forum
                      Trolls need not apply

Comment

CowGal Update

Is she okay?? My prayers are with her and her family. :l
                        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

CowGal Update

Like everyone else, I am truly shocked. I was reading one of her posts last night and thinking how much more optimistic she was sounding.

Like Ruby said, a really horrible reminder of just what alcohol can do to us.
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

CowGal Update

:upset:I'm shocked and saddened. I read the news earlier but had to rush off to work, my mind in a turmoil. There, but for the grace of God - I could go. I couldn't wait to get back, to hopefully hear some good news. Cowgal, I'm praying for you and your family. Please God!
                            Ruby, you did the right thing to share. We must be reminded over and over again what an evil demon alcohol is.
                            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

CowGal Update

I am sitting here in utter disbelief..... why in God's name would she do this? Her asswipe husband certainly wasn't worth it. MA sounded better in the past few days than she has sounded in a long time. She was really looking forward to moving out and into her new apartment.

I am so sad and pissed at the same time. I pray either God will take her swiftly, or let her make a FULL recovery. I can't imagine MA would want to live being brain dead and I know her pathetic excuse of a husband wouldn't take care of her.

This is the most devastating news I've had since Bear died.

M2

Comment

CowGal Update

shocked
                                Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X