CowGal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CowGal Update

MA has to do pics for me too. You are a fighter sweetie...I love u...get well and come back here soon.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

CowGal Update

Yes, I'm hoping Virgil Caine can find a way to show her this thread to let her know she is so loved by so many. I hope never to have this situation again with anyone here, but what a wonderful affirmation of life, and of the way we can pull together to show our love to someone who felt there was no other way to handle the pressure she was under. If nothing else comes of this, (and I know many things will!) I hope everyone who posts, reads, lurks, will understand that someone is here, ready to help, and your life is important to us. There is nothing I can think of that's not fixable, in some way. Taking one's life curses those left behind to unrelenting heartbreak, questions, sorrow. And, in my religious belief, it is unforgiveable by God to destroy what He has created. As long as there is tomorrow, things can change, become what we strive for, and more. I don't want a religious debate here, just saying how I feel, and I'm sure MA is going to, one day, be so thankful she didn't leave us on Tuesday night.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

CowGal Update

Lite another candle for MA and still praying for her and her family.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

CowGal Update

73 candles currently burning for MA in 10 different countries round the world....
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

CowGal Update

time2change;795570 wrote: Group *MWO* Candles - Light A Candle
            Thanks so much time, but I can't work out how to light my own candle for MA...anyone guide me?
            I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

CowGal Update

I just got this from a friend of decades. She is wise, and I love her.
              Old Age, I decided, is a gift .
              I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body! I sometime despair over my body, the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging butt. And often I am taken aback by that old person that lives in my mirror (who looks like my mother/father!), but I don't agonize over those things for long...

I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less
              grey hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend.

I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon ?

I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 & 70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love .. I will..

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set. They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful.. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken... How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning grey, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become . I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be... And I shall eat dessert every single day. ( If I feel like it).

sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

CowGal Update

eight days a week;795656 wrote: Thanks so much time, but I can't work out how to light my own candle for MA...anyone guide me?
                Eight, click on an unlit candle and it should continue on for you.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

CowGal Update

Thanks for all of the updates. I am so glad she is doing well.
                  She deserves the best.
                  NC

Comment

CowGal Update

greeneyes;795663 wrote: Eight, click on an unlit candle and it should continue on for you.
                    I see greeneyes, thank you so very much, I could do it thanks to you

Btw, Green Eyes is one of my favourite songs by one of my favourite ever bands, Coldplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmyq9tIiu8g[/video]]YouTube - Coldplay-Green Eyes

Bless you Mary Anne, get stronger and stronger
                    I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

CowGal Update

All I can do is echo Beatle's response.
                      Carries gratitude to new heights.
                      Thanks for that.
                      Go, MA, just keep on.
                      Beth
                      "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

CowGal Update

So well said ! I love you Ruby !!!!!!!!!!!! hugs ~Em
                        Non Drinker 9/09
                        Non Smoker 6/09
                        Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

CowGal Update

These words moved me

"I hope everyone who posts, reads, lurks, will understand that someone is here, ready to help, and your life is important to us. There is nothing I can think of that's not fixable, in some way" Ruby Willow

Dear RubyWillow,

Thank you for strong and beautiful words. :goodjob:

Comment

CowGal Update

Coming on here today im over the moon to read mary ann progress, praying that she will get stronger in mind and body...:l
                            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

CowGal Update

What fantastic news about MA's recovery!
                              I can't wait for her to check in and see how loved she is.
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

CowGal Update

Nice post Ruby! It just doesn't matter at all what people think of us. I'm loving following my way, and doing what i bloody well like. Thank's, and get some rest.

C'mon Cowgal!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X