Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in case you need some more motivation: cancer, heart disease and dementia are all on this list.

Health Risks of Alcohol: 12 Health Problems Associated with Chronic Heavy Drinking
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Interesting list Sunbeam. It is SO ironic to me that drinking causes depression and yet when I was active in my alcoholism, I thought I drank to escape despression. What a viscious circle!

My blood pressure was 140 over something or other when I first stopped drinking. It was checked today for a life insurance physcial, and was 102 / 60. A much healthier lifestyle is paying big dividends for me on the outside AND the inside I think.

Just 12 more reasons to stop the madness! Thanks for sharing.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks SunB. The reality of Al has slapped us in the face recently. My BP was 200+/160 when I first found a doc to help me, don't remember exact numers. I was so thrilled when he leaned over and said 'you're not in this alone' and schedule me back in a few days. Unfortunately, this wonderful humanitaian who worked tirelessly to help people all over the world succumbed to a heart attack before I saw him again. I felt lost again, and went through so many docs before I found the ones who help me now. Ironic, huh? But today, I have great medical help, and am relatively healthy, considering some of my conditions. Of all my regrets, what I have done to myself physically is at the top.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
      X