Day 3, and I already see...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Day 3 for me, and I already see so many common patterns I share with other members here..For example...., yesterday, did not drink, wasn't even tempted, and husband was out of town, so I could very easily have done so. So today, I want to reward myself for not drinking yesterday!!! A thought I read here yesterday immediately popped into my mind... IT'S NOT A REWARD!! I wouldn't have framed that thought myself. Because of what I read yesterday in the tool box, I thought instead of all that would happen if I did go buy a bottle... I'd have to hide it.... (we have tons of wine, liquor, etc, but I always hide a bottle from my husband). I would feel ashamed that I had to hide it, would feel ashamed that I was so weak, inumerable negatives.... no positives... If not for ya'll, I would probably have gone and gotten a bottle of vodka today, and hidden it somewhere, and had 4 drinks before my husband got home tonight. Thanks everyone, for all the good you're doing!

Hi Matilda- Keep going! My husband was a big trigger for me for caving in-Reading through the tools section is very helpful, so keep refering back to that-I am rooting for you!
    Luv, Fluff
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi Matilda,

:yougo:

Was that just the best cup of coffee you had yesterday? Grab another and sit back and relax.

J x

:l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hi matilda keep to your goal,post often, when boared go into chat,it all works wonders,goodluck

Comment

husband being a trigger

I have come to think my husband is a trigger, as well.. but I can't figure out why... He's a great guy, treats me like a queen , we've been married 25 years, no financial worries... I really cannot figure it out. For example.. a few hours ago, he called from the airport to tell me when he was going to be home, and I automatically thought... "OK, he's going to be home at 5, I'll have two drinks starting at 4" I didn't do it, and he should be home any minute.... but I need to figure it out. We drink wine together several times a week. He's not a big drinker... he can open a bottle of wine, have a glass, then put the cork back in. (Something I've never done in my entire LIFE!) Thanks again, everyone....for sharing and listening....See ya'll tomorrow!

Comment

Never reward your sobriety with drinking. As simple as it sounds, it kept me in an endless cycle when I wanted to quit for months. I guess thats just me. And identifying triggers is huge too. Learn those triggers and find a non-destructive venting exercise. Like exercise!

Comment

Hi everyone I'm new!
              Day 15 for me and last nite was REALLY hard! Am taking kudzu to calm the cravings!
              Keep at it guys, it's great not to feel alone!!!

Comment

Working...
              X