• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

craving Nal start 23. Apr 2009 - Bac start 08. Jan 2010

60mg Baclofen
    10g L-Glutamine
    800mg L-Theanine

everything working out great for me. Not posting here a lot as there is not much news.

Because I am on a low dose of Baclofen, I have more anxiety and also fear for changes. Without taking Baclofen I would have never thought that I could have a problem with change. Now on reducing Baclofen I noticed my bad feeling about changing things in my life, which is very unpleasant. So I tried out Passiflora which is meant to work against anxiety, and was shown in studies as effective as benzo (without the withdrawal and side effects of benzos!). Although I could not find any report about it, I think this plant has caused me psychosis for the time I took it. Once I stopped it I felt better. I could not find any reference of such things happening to others at the low dose I was taking. I guess that by now everything I take could cause me mental issues! So just taking the things listed above now!

97 AF days, 34 ADF days
    since 23. Apr 2009 : TSM - failed to reduce units
    since 08. Jan 2010 : Naltrexone + Baclofen combination therapy
    reborn since 16. Jan 2010 : Alcohol Free (AF) - only taking Baclofen
    since 22. May 2010 : Baclofen against anxiety/fear
    since 14. Mar 2011 : off Baclofen - taking 25mg Topamax/day

My stats :
    http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/craving/

Comment

wow your story is wonderful this gives me even more hope
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

no alcohol cravings whatsoever.

using Baclofen mainly against anxiety/fear rather than for alcohol now. :exclaimation:

problem here mainly is that I have to keep on going up with the dose to experience the good time. So what I do is I try to stay down with my normal dose, and once it gets too difficult for me to stand I add an additional Baclofen.

family member was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, wondering if baclofen could affect my mood swings.

110 AF days, 47 ADF days

My stats :

Comment

37.5mg Baclofen / day

no alcohol craving. Most likely I can reduce Baclofen even more.

It appears to me that Baclofen increased or decreased too fast can start episodes of (existing) psychosis, which might only happen if the genes make you vulnerable to that.

Anxiety/Fear can be reduced on Baclofen, especially in the 60-70mg/day area I was experiencing a lot less fear/anxiety.

For alcohol I could probably reduce Baclofen further. I am so low down that I am wondering if it brings any big benefits at all on the alcohol sector for me to have Baclofen!?!? Maybe it is vain to think I can do it without Baclofen, but on my way down from 300mg being now on 37.5mg is pretty amazing. I would never drop Baclofen in a big step though - have been reducing 2.5mg every 5th day - which leaves the body plenty of time to adjust to accept the new condition.

my stats:
          Baclofen gegen Alkoholsucht Statistik craving

125 AF days, 62 ADF days

My stats :

Comment

I have added yesterday 15mg to my daily dose - being now at 52.50

at the same time I am taking 1500mg valproic acid to avoid the mania that Baclofen can cause on increase on me.

fear/anxiety is less today, went to bed earlier yesterday and today at afternoon I took the nap. Altogether I feel better - thinking is more clear, no psychosis, fear/anxiety is not in the primary thing in my life today. Next days will be interesting as I will most likely get soon used to the dose to increase again then.

My stats :

Comment

75mg Baclofen
              1500mg Valproic acid

I am a bit tired - sleeping more than usual, which I attribute to the Baclofen dose increase. I can work normally, and I am motivated to work. On too fast decrease of Baclofen I usually loose motivation.

No euphoria - i am not hyperactive, more relaxed.

Anxiety/Fear is reduced, feeling a little like put into cotton. I can think normally. 60-70mg was my target size, and with the increases I have reached my goal. We will see more results in the next weeks.
              I hope to come back to my normal anxiety levels.

No psychosis. No strange thoughts.

Olivier Ameisen wrote:
              Baclofen helps balance dopamine, glutamate, and GABA levels through its action on the GABA-B receptors in the brain. It is one of only two known substances — and the only non-addictive substance — to affect GABA-B. Baclofen has a documented beneficial effect on anxiety and panic, and there are good clinical indications that it is also helpful for depression and other mood disorders and compulsions. I had a tendency to be a compulsive shopper, and one of the first things baclofen did for me was to free me from that behavior.
              I never had panic attacks, nor compulsions, nor bigger amounts of anxiety, nor psychosis, before taking Baclofen. Currently with the higher dose of Baclofen I feel good. Maybe I was simply too much down with my dose and had problems because of that? Maybe that is the reason why Baclofen is suggested to be a permanent medication against alcoholism?

The anxiety reducing effect of Baclofen should start to kick in best in about 3-4 weeks of being at the current dose.

My stats :

Comment

It is so good to read you are doing so well dear craving

I wish this thread were in the Baclofen section - perhaps then many more on that route could learn from your journey and your determination, but then again perhaps in the 'general' section more will see the benefit of Baclofen?

Are you still taking L-theanine? I still haven't got any, but really must, as I drink now only to relieve anxiety. If it's TSM finally working or Baclofen I don't know, but I have zero interest in alcohol anymore (and therein lies a BIG update to my thread that I don't have the energy for right now).

All power to you craving
                I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

eight days a week;867429 wrote: It is so good to read you are doing so well dear craving

I wish this thread were in the Baclofen section - perhaps then many more on that route could learn from your journey and your determination, but then again perhaps in the 'general' section more will see the benefit of Baclofen?

Are you still taking L-theanine? I still haven't got any, but really must, as I drink now only to relieve anxiety. If it's TSM finally working or Baclofen I don't know, but I have zero interest in alcohol anymore (and therein lies a BIG update to my thread that I don't have the energy for right now).

All power to you craving
                  8 - great to hear from you! I was already worried for you!

I am still taking L-Theanine and I think it is really excellent. Baclofen did WONDERS to my anxiety.

I was so scared and was so anxious. I was ready to go back to the shrink and let him do whatever he wants just to get off that feeling. I had like attacks of sheer fear.

Since I am on 75mg/day (3x25mg) Baclofen I am to the majority of my day free of anxiety! It is so amazing.

I feel a pressure in my head and it feels like the pressure holds me off falling down psychologically.

This is what I take per day :

800mg L-Theanine (4x200mg (morning, lunch, evening, night))
                  10g L-Glutamine (4g mornings before eating,2g brunch,4g afternoon)
                  75mg Baclofen (3x25mg)

This combination is doing wonders for me now.

Maybe give Baclofen another try?

All power to you 8!!

My stats :

Comment

as per your suggestion I am posting future information into the other thread now.

for updates check
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...0-a-42866.html

My stats :

Comment

Working...
                    X