How did I ever find this place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was curious tonight how I came about finding this place because all I know is I googled something a few months ago, but I could not remember what words exactly. Nothing I put into google tonight brought up this site. I tried alcoholism, help with problem drinking, natural ways to cure alcoholism, etc. nothing..Is it just pure chance I somehow found this website? Well, whatever the reason I am glad I did. You all have brought me many a laugh lately, which is something I think we all desperately need in our lives and do not get enough of. I am curious though, what words bring this up on a search engine that so many of us have discovered it?? Have a good night!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Hah!

You must have googled for dangerously handsome and witty blokes.
    :k TheKanga

Comment

I've wondered the same thing lush! I'm not sure how the heck I got here, but I'm sure grateful that I did!
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Geez Kanga, you are so right. How did I forget that? Thanks for the reminder.......

Comment

i got the site from my friend in switzerland. dam i love that women! must be the best gift ive ever gotten. thanks bev!oh and kanga you right if you google you it pops right up lol.:l

Comment

Interesting that you say that about finding this place. I googled in June, when I needed to find something ON THAT VERY DAY, if you know what I mean, and I found it. Just like that. I was into it. I had meds and supps and hypnos before the week was over, and that was that. I thought it was God. Seriously. And I don't really believe in an interventionist God, like Nick Cage's song says. But it's so weird that you say that because I don't get it either, and I've been wondering that same thing for months. I told a couple of people that I thought I had a case of divine intervention, and they looked at me sort of weird.

Comment

I found this throught the Weight Watchers website in a chat room. A group of people who are trying to lose weight and know their alcohol consumptions slows them down. It's funny how my perspective has changed since I found this site. It used to be weight loss first, health later (even tho I preach differently). Now it's health first, weight loss a bi-product.

Thank you all for being here!

Comment

Well Lush great question, I found it in April and can't recall what I put in my search string. But it seemed to pop right up, now I can't find it by searching my ususal strings; alcohol, addictions,
                HELP ME I'M SINKING. Wow I'm glad we all found it too, I was out of hope like a whole bunch of us. Not no more!! Plus the perks of all the dangerously handsome and witty blokes!
                Wonder if RJ has thought about linking her website so it can be found easily.

Comment

I am glad I am not going crazy because I just could not figure it out last night. I, too, felt like it was some sort of divine intervention on the day I found it.

Comment

I think i typed in help to quit drinking or something....yep, i just googled that and foind it on the right of the screen....sorry Luschy Lusch...but i stilll think it was divine intervention anyways...
                    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Stop drinking on my own

I remember it well! The words, "stop drinking on my own" were what I typed that fateful day. Thank God!:h
                      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I swear it did not pop up last night Jen, but sure enough there it is now. You must have infiltrated my computer!

Comment

I am pretty sure I got it on reduce alcohol cravings....try that one. Thats all I ment to do in the begining. : )
                          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Me too, how did I get here?

I've been wondering too, since soon after I stumbled on MWO, how I got here. I think I recall googling "alcohol treatment" or "alcohol additction treatment", while at work, solely to obtain information for a colleague regarding current meds used in treatment of alcohol withdrawal. Purely professional inquiry...really. Though I've been haunted by my own alcohol problem for quite sometime, I did not have personal issues on my mind at the time. When MWO came up, I could hardly believe it!! ! It was EXACTLY what I'd been seeking, but never thought existed. On my first post here I actually described it as a godsend! Was it divine intervention? Who knows (and who really cares). I believe God, or the universe, or humanity, etc. is there to help us out when we're ready to make difficult positive changes. I had planned to go abstinent for two months beginning mid-September, and really put a lot of planning, thought, and emotional effort into making it work. Then I found the MWO site 10 days later. Was it a coincidence? I think not. Without sounding too "airy fairy", I do believe in syncronicity in the universe, and this was one very powerful example for me.

My best to all of you. Your posts have been just what I need,

Kayjay

Comment

I googled "alternative to AA" back in May, not when I do it MWO is not there! Lush you are not that crazy- :H
                              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X