Brand new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new member

:new: My husband and I both have been heavy drinkers for over 5 years and tried to stop thousands of time. We managed to make it 5 days so far. The first two days I was sick in bed from drinking so much last weekend. The 3rd day was terrible! I wanted a drink SO bad and I didn't sleep at all that night, because vodka made me eventually pass out for the night. The 4th day I was so sleepy all day and never thought about it even though I only slept 3 hours that night. Today is my fifth day and I want a drink SO SO bad. Please encourage me. How long will this detox or symptoms last? :thanks:
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Brand new member

You have come a long way being on day 5. You are not alone as alot of people here have been through what you are going through now. It should get easier soon, just read posts and look around, this is a great website and you have come to the right place. You may still have some sleeplessness but the worst should be over soon.

Best to you
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Brand new member

Hang in there, SOBS. It does take a while. Check in the tools for info, go to Need Help ASAP, read all the stories, but if you really feel ill, go to the ER. Detoxing is tough, and can be dangerous for some. You CAN do this. I did. Keep posting, keep asking for help. We're here for you.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Brand new member

:new:Hi SOBS,

I am new as well. Congrats on 5 days! I understand how you feel, but listen to what rubywillow is saying. I am in the same situation, seeing as it has been only 5 days....sad, sad waste after 8yr of soberity.

God Bless and Hang in there!
        Bella

Comment

Brand new member

Hang in there...

that's what I am trying to do. You are five days in. Today is my first. I guess if you and others can do it and just keep building on success day by day you will be in charge & not the bottle. I'm sitting here on a razors edge... should I or shouldn't I. It's *%$#@*$ tough and I am not strong right now. You sound like you are ready, DO it!! I wish you well. If I fail today I will stand again tomorrow. best to you, H

Comment

Brand new member

Hang tough, all of you.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Brand new member

You can do it! What is the alternative? We have to be happy in this short life! It could end tomorrow and how sad for those we leave behind, knowing how miserable we were.
              I know there is a light of this long dark tunnel. Keep presseing on one day or one minute at a time!
              :soothe:

Hypernova;798546 wrote: that's what I am trying to do. You are five days in. Today is my first. I guess if you and others can do it and just keep building on success day by day you will be in charge & not the bottle. I'm sitting here on a razors edge... should I or shouldn't I. It's *%$#@*$ tough and I am not strong right now. You sound like you are ready, DO it!! I wish you well. If I fail today I will stand again tomorrow. best to you, H
              I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,

Comment

Brand new member

Thanks!

Thank you so much for replying to my thread. I needed so desperately to know there was somone out there who understood and who could encourage me, like you all did. I'm so thankful I found this site. God Bless each of you and please keep in touch with me.

:thanks:

Comment

Brand new member

Welcome Everyone

Hang in there! Like Ruby said, keep posting and stay with us, this is a wonderful site

K
                  Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                  April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                  wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                  wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                  wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                  wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                  wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                  wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                  http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Brand new member

Hi everyone, I'm new too! Keep at it! I've found kudzu quite helpful, even when the heating packed in and the phone was on the blink last nite!! You are all doing really well!!!

Comment

Brand new member

Welcome Sick Hyper and Sweetbella,
                      We all had to start and it is hard, damn hard, but soooo quickly it becomes worthwhile and easier, imho the first five days are the worst, you're dealing with everything, physical sweats trembles sleeplesness etc mental, hell really and missing it oh how I missed it. This is REALLY worth it, I went from feeling a waste of space to being a very important person in my life in such a short period of time. Keep coming to this place, it makes such a difference to me,
                      23 days AF this time
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                      X