A Different View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Different View

A WELL-KNOWN SPEAKER STARTED OFF HER SEMINAR BY HOLDING UP A ?20 NOTE , IN A ROOM OF 200 SHE ASKED ! WHO WOULD LIKE THIS ?20? HANDS STARTED TO GOING UP, SHE SAID "I AM GOING TO GIVE THIS ?20 TO ONE OF YOU BUT FIRST , LET ME DO THIS", SHE PROCEEDED TO CRUMPLE THE NOTE UP , SHE THEN ASKED, WHO STILL WANTS THIS ? STILL HANDS WERE UP IN THE AIR "WELL" SHE REPLIED , "WHAT IF I DO THIS ? SHE DROPPED IT ON THE GROUND AND STARTED TO GRIND IT INTO THE FLOOR WITH HER SHOE , SHE THEN PICKED IT UP , NOW CRUMPLED AND DIRTY , "NOW WHO STILL WANTS IT ? STILL THE HANDS WENT UP IN THE AIR , "MY FRIENDS YOU HAVE ALL LEARNED A VERY VALUABLE LESSON , NO MATTER WHAT I DID TO THE MONEY , YOU STILL WANTED IT BECAUSE IT DID NOT DECREASE IN VALUE , IT IS STILL WORTH ?20 ,MANY TIMES IN OUR LIVES WE ARE DROPPED , CRUMPLED AND GROUND INTO THE FLOOR BY THE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT COME OUR WAY , WE FEEL AS THOUGH WE ARE WORTHLESS , HOWEVER , NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS (OR HAS HAPPENED ) YOU WILL NEVER LOSE YOUR TRUE VALUE , CRUMPLED OR CRISPY CLEAN - YOU ARE PRICELESS AND VALUED , LET THAT SHINE THROUGH YOUR LIFE ALWAYS,,,,,,,we should all believe in ourselves, hold our head up high and shine, just remember we are all so unique and special x
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

A Different View

:thanks: Startingover. Im feeling mighty fragile right now (panic attacks) so any positive things that come my way I treasure.

Comment

A Different View

StartingOver,

That was beautiful and so true. We all need those reminders. Thanks for sharing.
      :l
      Eve11
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

A Different View

Excellent post starting over,its so true

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

A Different View

Starting Over thanks for sharing that wonderful reminder.

Hart im so sorry you are having a hard time and i sending you much strength or as we say here in Portugal FORCA.......
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

A Different View

That's a good story Starty! Thanks for sharing.

(((hart)))

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

A Different View

Thanks for that Starty a great post
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Working...