Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK WHOS READY TO get your asses in gear!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:h Hi Guys!
    I was invited out to breakfast today by an older guy who sometimes walks his dogs with me, thats as close as im going to get this year to a Valentines Date!

Never mind I would have just had to turn down all that champagne and now im finally loosing that booze weight I certainly dont need any Valentines Chocolates!

Hope you are all doing good and enjoying an AF sunday.
    :l
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

we are here for you Cowgirl
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Happy Valentines Day to all my 'GEAR' sweethearts. Hubs surprised me with a beautiful box of chocolates, his favorite! LOL We don't make a big deal of this day, he's a great one for surprising me.

CG, lets work on your plan, love, and tackle all those issues one day at a time. You're in a new environment, a new lifestyle, and your coming off a serious medical issue, so give yourself time!! You're such an impatient little hummingbird!!! It WILL get better, even with bad days.

T, get that boat ready, I'm ready for some sailing.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ok. my ass is in gear.....well actually in the reclining couch not doing much of anything. Well, you know what I mean.
          Maryanne, I think Ruby is right. You need to get a plan and start embracing the changes in your life and give yourself time to adjust to all of them. Remember to reach out for help too.

Comment

It's been a pretty lousy day, actually, but tomorrow will be better. I'm thinking I'm trying to feel better now; slept a lot, rested, worked on my computer and office work. They're calling for snow again tonight!!!! I'm SO over this now. I'm used to the one or two snow occurances here; getting excited and watching for the first snowflakes, making sure I've got plenty of water, batteries in my flashlights and cameras, candles and oil lamps ready. Hubs checks out the generator, just in case, and we sit in anticipation. Now, after 5 snows, it's getting old, and COLD! I try not to complain to loudly though, since the government has not been able to intervene in our weather conditions yet, and the Lord is still in charge. As they say, 'If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans!'
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

well hit there everyone .. amen ruby on the cold .. dont want it anymore and the boat ..didnt work on it today much.. had tree trimming to get done over the drive way and cars .. had my little buddy luke helping got everything done and now on to the next thing and well so great seeeing you here time baby and cowgal get yourass in gear girl and yes like everyone said ....cowgal time to get that plan in hand .. you have my number use it please girl .. when those times hit you again.. welcome mama bear ..awesome job chillgirl you rock .. and ruby will have to post my bender machine .. really having alot of fun working on my first hand built boat .. with no plan and just listening to the wood
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

happy valentine's day!!

It was a great AF day, busy, between sleeping, going out to see the horses w/ dear friend, and getting ready and coming into work...................
                Thanks, I have to get a plan, first is to get my finances in order, they are a mess, and that in itself is overwhelming, going to empty an IRA, so I can pay off some debt, and the lawyer............bouncing checks/ late on credit card bills (a little overwhelming) NOT DRINKING over it anymore, today is day 1, and I feel good about it, thanks everyone.....

T, I know I should call, but I hate to bother people, and usually that is the last thing I want to do (have someone talk me out of drinking) when I want to drink, sick huh???!!

Sorry Ruby you had a bad day, hopefully tomorrow is better.................:l

Chillgirl, good on no champagne...................should have gone for the chocolates tho, I have been eating every one given to me, I don't even have a "valentine" but have had more happy valentine's wishes this year than in 19 years of marriage, no card or anything last year...............oh well, that is the past, moving on!!!!

Time, u r so sweet, thanks for always being there for me.............this roller coaster is on the up today, wish it would stay here, but at least I know for every down, there will be an up to look forward to.............RIGHT??

Welcome and thanks mama bear!!!:welcome:

I know it will be tomorrow before alot of u read this, but just been so busy, busy is good to a certain extent, tho..............

lots and lots of love to you all, even those I missed, you are always in my thoughts, I send positive energy (what I've got left@?) your way!!

MA xoxoxo:l
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Well?!!

It IS tomorrow, where is everyone?!! I am done working, back at the gym, feeling almost normal, whatever that is?! Then off to dreamville so I can work my ass off one last night! Well, then I have Thur & Fri, but 3 day weekend, I WILL enjoy af!!!!

Love & hugs to you all!!!!:l:h

MA

Comment

Good for you, CG!!! That's the spirit, positive thinking!!! I have to force myself to go out today to the grocery, then back to office work. Have a good one, everybody!
                    sigpic

Comment

Bad Craving....

Hi Everyone,
                      Must remember not to eat cream cakes on a empty stomach. Friday afternoon went to hospital with hubby who had to have a scan b4 we left i had a cream cake, got there after an hour i come over all tired and felt like i had a bad hangover, then 30mins afterwards the craving kick in sky high, all i could think about was AL not about how is my hubby was doing. I know for me too much sugar can give me a bad craving for AL have to be careful, not sure if anyone else experience this...

Valentines day i stay at home in my comfort zone where i am safe, being around poeple or in a restaurant seeing people drinking AL dont think i can handle that yet.

Bit pissd off because of work they have flexi me in more hours, thats another thing im not sure if i can handle as well its only few more hours but it a lot for me. someone once said to me on mwo it better to feel pissd off than being pissd on, i suppose it another way of looking at it!
                      Something stoodout for me at my group sessions, two guys were saying that if they did
                      not come to the group meetings that they would go back to drinking, thats the way i feel right now if i was to stop going. I can understand what they are saying or what they mean.
                      Ruby love the view out side your window could sit there all day looking outside your window.
                      MA...good for you back to the gym feeling almost normal is a good sign.

Have a good day everyone and i mean everyone.:l
                      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

well had a great day here and sounds like everyone is doing great too .. ruby did you rememeber the steaks lol catch keep going back to aa meeting .. it does help .. cowgal sound like plan girl and if you ever feel the need please call.. well everyone enjoy and have an awesome tuesday
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

good day/mixed

I had a good day, mixed up feelings, want to drink sooooooooo bad, called doc about bac, since neuro said ok, got no call back, so will just go to pharm tomorrow AM and see if they called it in, they do that alot for me, and don't call me to let me know............

Catch, don't eat too many cream cakes on an empty stomach, reminder:H sorry hon............work will work out, I just tell myself daily I am happy to have a job.........even tho it sux

feeling better ruby? sorry u have to go out and brave that weather, hope it gets a little more bearable before next weekend!!!

I need to catch up on some sleep but need to go to bank, take care of some problems tomorrow (today) am, then call IRA guy about taking $$ out of there, since I am in a bad way financially..............but it's all good...........out of that toxic house/abuse etc is all good..........T I will call u when and if I need to, hate bothering u, busy handyman u!! you are wonderful and it was nice to chat w/ u on fb this am, Rubs, cannot wait til next week, am getting my car serviced soon too so I am safe for the trip, ought to cost a small fortune since it has not been done for a while.............

Will try to get alot done tomorrow, sleep at night like normal people do, and that way Wed is good in that respect, get up early, take Zac to school maybe, make me feel good anyway...........called them, but I miss them soooooooooo dearly, need to find a futon or something so he can spend the night at my apt..............next on my list..............finances first.................right, one thing at a time, don't want to get overwhelmed!!!!

love you all, MA:l:h

Comment

Hi Mr T, Chillgirl, Ruby, time2changeand Cowgal,

MA, stay strong you have been through a lot of shit laterly Hope you get your bac 2tomorrow. sending strength your way and a big:l
                            I dont know in the uk they dont precribe out medication for alcoholics you have to be on your death bed, theres a guy had to wait 6months just for detox, it must be getting bad because i can remember over 2years ago at my group sessions the lady was going to put me on detox if i wanted it straight away, but i did not like the idea of a nurse coming round my house now, was more worried about the noises neighbours what they would think. If my work place was to see my medcial records i think i would get the sack because on my application form i said i had no alcohol problems or history of AL. I wish the DR would take us more serious.
                            After 12weeks of my group sessions might do another 12weeks and then do the intense core group which i think will help me a lot, its finding out why we drink and we have to go back as far as you can remember from child birth. Never really share my expericence deep down in details to a gorup of people before.
                            right im off to make myself another cuppa tea, got to remember to buy myself a big mug so my tea will last a lot longer.
                            Take good care ALL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

OK, I'm UP!!! My dogs have GOT to learn they do not set the schedules here!! :H Planning to get my hair whacked and stained today. Wish I could do it myself, it's so expensive, but don't want to end up looking like a circus monkey. Have an aagenda in my house-decluttering. I need help with it, so may hire my cousin. I'm reading 'The Ancestry Of Jonathon Davis', my ancestor. It's a fascinating book for me, filled with personal letters, history, of this part of my family when they settled here around 1700. I just hope my grandchildren will be interested in it too. Have a good 'un, loves.
                              sigpic

Comment

hi

Thanks Catch, for starting us out and for the hug, need a BIG one right now.............So I get to see the new Ruby when I get to our place, cool!!!

I am slightly upset, my relief called in sick and I have not been able to reach a live person to help me, pissed as all hell, really worried now about drinking, esp if Bac is not in.................They(my techs ) say sometimes it takes 2 hours for relief to get here.................I will DEFINITELY drink if that happens, I am soooooooooooooo over this place right now!!!:upset::upset:

pray I am ok,:h

lots of love,:l:h

MA

Comment

Working...
                                X