Having an AH HA Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having an AH HA Moment

Okay I just looked back at my first thread for some past advice. And just had an AH HA moment as they say.

Yes I must figure out a plan with the whole "Beer in Garage on Hockey Night" dilema.

As I go on this site more and more I am realizing/learning that this whole helpless "ohhhh I can't do anything about Wednesday night" is a load of crap. I am actually annoyed at myself for trying to make that an excuse. Like it was some impossible problem with no solution.

I can't believe I was thinking, saying to myself and actually posting such a message "Beer in garage, and I can't POSSIBLY do anything about it, so I should just accept and drink 6 beer like usual"

Wow, talk about fuzzy desparate thinking. This moment in clarity, I hope, stays with me tomorrow instead of the usual Wednesday irrational thoughts for caving.

Because it's there so I must drink it. Hmmmm, that excuse has worked miserably for me for years. Time for new solutions.

Well time for bed. Sleep well everyone and keep fighting the AL Free for a better life.
    Meech

Having an AH HA Moment

Love it!!! Night Meech, looking forward to tomorrow!
    :yougo:stiteal

For my family, for my health, for me...

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Okay so it's 4:30pm my time and my thoughts are on ice cold beer. I am going to go down and take my final L-Glute and pour myself a glass of Carbonated Peach drink in a wine glass. Supper is half done so I should really get that together so I can eat to take the edge off.

As far as the Beer in the garage. Well it's there. I didn't talk to the hubby about it until after he got it. He bought it a day early! go figure. I spied it this morning. Damn.

But booze is always going to be around me so I have to learn inner strength.

I REALLY CAN"T BELIEVE I am thinking about going AF 4. On Sunday I said to myself if I can last until Wednesday night I have permission to have a break and do my 6 beers. Thursday not much going on so I can be hungover. Kids are at school and I don't work.

I totally was fine with AF3 accomplishment. But now that I have made it this far, hmmm maybe just maybe AF4 has a special ring to it.

I will probably be tuning into MWO a lot tonight as this is a real Milestone for me!

I seriously don't think I have gone AF4 since I gave birth to my last child. By the way I never touched alcohol during my 3 pregnancies. I actually found it easy because there was another life involved so there was no contest. It was complete abstinence.

I often wonder why I don't think my life is just as important? Why is it I can keep pouring the booze down my throat and somehow that's okay? I'm a life right?

Keep you fingers crossed for me tonight!

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Ok Meech,

Nearly midnight in the UK so I'll send these across the pond

:fingers:

J x

:l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Hi MEECH,

I lurk hear and have read many of your posts. I think you are doing brilliant. I bet you must be feeling good and you can feel great tomorrow too. All you have to do is not have that 1 beer and the other 5 won't folllow. You will wake up tomorrow after a good nights sleep and feel great! You are a life and a very special one. You have given loads of encouragement to loads of other people here. Take a bit for yourself and hang in there. I have everything crossed for you. I was on AF4 not long ago and now on AF40!!!

LOL xx

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

OMG I did it!

:happy:

I did it, I actually did it! I feel like a kid a Christmas right now. I had my L-Glute, sparkling peach non-aL drink and got supper on the table.

I have no cravings right now. I'm just down right excited! I would never have thought I could resist the Wednesday night Beer in the Garage. I think day 2 was the hardest so far. I know I have many, many, obstacles and BIG CRAVINGS AHEAD but for now I am going to make it to Day 4 AF.

I am really excited about actually planning a productive active day for myself tomorrow instead of the usual Thursday "hungover nothing day".

I'm sick of not being able to plan too much with myself, my family, my friends because I may have to cancel due to being either too drunk or too hungover. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Oh I do hope the cravings get less and less overtime. I expect many hard days ahead I just hope they become easier than the last 4.

I am still quite shocked and not believing this AF will last too long - but heck I did what I thought was "the impossible" tonight didn't I.

THERE IS NO WAY I COULD HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT ALL OF YOU. I owe you so much thanks. I send good wishes, good Karma to everyone.

Wow still in shock. Good luck to everyone AF tonight or tomorrow depending on where you are in the world.
            Meech

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Thanks for you best wishes for me JC and Panda Eyes and your kind words. I hope I am supporting others too, through my posts as I'm getting so much in return.

Panda - wow you were at AF4 and now you are at AF40. And it didn't seem that long ago.
              And last July for you JC.

Inspiration. I have tried books, hypnosis and an on-line journal thing (that didn't work at all). I never realized how the group support from others in the same boat can be so UNBELIEVABLY persuasive and effective.

How I found this site is truly a gift from above. Thanks God! And I feel my parents (who passed away in 2008) watching over me are giving me their help too.

Can't wait to wake up tomorrow. Yeeeeeehaaaaaw!

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

:goodjob::l:h You Go! Im proud of you!!!!
                Meech;800717 wrote: Thanks for you best wishes for me JC and Panda Eyes and your kind words. I hope I am supporting others too, through my posts as I'm getting so much in return.

Panda - wow you were at AF4 and now you are at AF40. And it didn't seem that long ago.
                And last July for you JC.

Inspiration. I have tried books, hypnosis and an on-line journal thing (that didn't work at all). I never realized how the group support from others in the same boat can be so UNBELIEVABLY persuasive and effective.

How I found this site is truly a gift from above. Thanks God! And I feel my parents (who passed away in 2008) watching over me are giving me their help too.

Can't wait to wake up tomorrow. Yeeeeeehaaaaaw!

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Here are my thoughts on the ice cold beer. I enjoy an alcohol free beer just as much, except a six pack lasts for weeks instead of minutes.

Some will disagree since there is some small fraction of alcohol in it, but so do some foods (vanilla extract for example). You would have to drink TEN rapidly to get the affects of ONE regular beer. I wish I had learned that a cold NA beer is just as refreshing a long time ago.

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

YAY Meech!! You DID it! Oh, this post was so uplifting and I know you will inspire others to give it a go even when circumstances "seem" impossible. Such as difference in you from last week to this. You must be over the moon! Celebrate your awesome accomplishment and keep finding those fun non-al concoctions, too. I treated myself to a whole bunch of expensive sparkling beverages and started making my own mixtures. Now, I'm a bubbly fruity non-al beverage junkie. :H

So totally happy for you and proud of how hard you're working. Keep at it now because it really only gets better from here. You'll be astonished at the difference in how you feel about yourself.

Rah-rah-rah! You rock, Meech!

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Trying for AF5 now can you believe it?

Well why not. Never thought I'd get past AF3 so now I'm here.

I am feeling over the moon. I have a very active day tomorrow with kids and work so I must keep moving forward. Sparkling peach, block out the cravings.

I am getting some cravings right now but there is no way I can feel hungover tomorrow. Plus I could actually wake up AF5 tomorrow. That's insane in a wonderfully crazy way!

Good luck everyone with your day, evening and stay strong. I am AF4 because of you all helping me and believing in me. I might just have to start believing in me too. Not a bad way to be I guess.

Happy, surprised and ready to fight off some cravings that are starting to come right now.
                      Sparkling peach drink I must go get now. Thank God for MWO and for all of you!
                      Meech
                      :bananacomputer:

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Meech;800709 wrote: :I'm sick of not being able to plan too much with myself, my family, my friends because I may have to cancel due to being either too drunk or too hungover. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
                        Yepper! My whole world used to revolve around my drinking / hangover schedule.

:yougo::yougo::yougo: on making it through the Beer in the Garage!!! SEE???? YOU CAN DO THIS!!

And yes - YOU ARE A LIFE!! You deserve to be the very best "you" you can be for yourself AND for those 3 wonderful kids! I bet they like the active happy mommy better than the hungover dragging mommy too, don't they.

You ROCK. I love that you are sharing your journey. Reading about your success helps me stay sober too!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

A huge WELL DONE YOU!!

It just gets better and better. You are doing a great job. Keep building those days ODAT and those days will add up.

I'm amazed that I am AF41 days after drinking minimum 1 bottle of wine, more often 2, daily for several years. My short journey so far has been tough. I have had a couple of life changing events put in my path and I've coped without AL. To be honest I wouldn't have coped had I still been drinking.

Keep up the good work!

LOL x

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Thank you Doggygirl and Panda Eyes,

Knowing that I may in some small way be helping others stay sober. Well I have such a feeling of happiness that fills me up when I hear that.
                            This is such a life saving site.
                            I thank you for being apart of my journey to recovery and please keep filling me in on your life to health and happiness too.
                            I think I made it through another day. Phew, the AL Monster was giving he's best shot tonight.
                            Tomorrow will be AF 5.
                            Meech

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Incredibly happy for you, Meech. Keep up the good fight! No matter what the voice says, you will never wake up and say "damn, I wish I drank last night."

Comment

Working...
                              X