Having an AH HA Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having an AH HA Moment

I like that Lodestar. You are right. I have to keep that thought going because my cravings are strong and it's only 2:20pm. Or another one "I am so glad I got hammered last night a feel like sh%%T today."

I am very happy to be at AF5. I do believe the way I feel right now that the next 3 days are going to be as hard or harder then the Day 2 and 3.

I have an active busy day tomorrow with work and kids so I need to be at my best. I so want a beer right now though.

Saturday is going to be even harder. Because I can sleep in all Sunday if I want. So it could be really hard. I really need to dig deep.

I'm feeling as weak as I did on the first 3 days. Might need some help to get through.

Meech

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Righty O, Meech,

:goodjob: AF5,

I'm over the pond in England. Do you want a beer so badly you'll swim across to get it?

Have you got plenty of L-glut to hand,plenty of peach fizzy water. Now pour that fizzy water into one of your finest glasses and sit back and relax.

You're doing great. Keep it going. It is sooooooo worth it.

J x

:l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Hey Meech,

Hang on to your AFness through this. I don't know if this will be helpful, but it worked for me. When I had a creeping-in thought like that (I can sleep in on Sunday, tomorrow will be really busy so I should indulge now, etc.)...I told myself, "you know what, there will be other Sundays when you can sleep in and you can do it then if you still want to." Funny, I just kept using that approach and found that I so much preferred the good sleep I got on that first weekend, that the next weekend wasn't as hard. I didn't want to give up my double digits by then. Do whatever works for you. Trick your brain, boost up your l-glut, post here, chat, etc. You are doing great and starting over would leave you feeling shitty, I'm pretty sure. Just stay close and remember Sunday is just a day. Your reward can be feeling great if you let it. Treat the weekend as an experiment ~ you won't die if you don't drink this weekend. You may even find that you love the way you feel on Sunday morning.

Thinking of you!

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

JC, I love that notion of Meech swimming "across the pond!" :H

Meech, if THAT thought hasn't got you turned off the notion of a beer.....

Just think. These first days and weeks are the hardest. If you were to give in after a few days, then you have to go through the pain of the first few days again. If you get stuck in that cycle, then you just have to keep repeating the hardest part of this.

If you suck it up now and just don't give in, then you get this hard crap out of the way for good.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

I'm fighting a tough fight today

:teeter:

Really fighting the teeter totter.

I took 2 L-Glutes. I realize I am only taking the minimum L-Glute so I think I'll up it a bit.

About a half hour ago I realized I had hardly eaten much today (been very busy) so eventhough I didn't feel hungry I bet my blood sugar levels were down. Learning that this is a huge situation NOT to get into as it can bring on the cravings.

No wonder I was dying for a beer at 2:30pm. so I just had a big late lunch. It took the edge off a little bit but the BEAST IS THRSTY. Half an hour ago I might have jumped into the water JC! Now I'm just on the shore looking east across the water.

I do have sparkling peach and bought sparkling raspberry (thought I'd mix it up from the peach a bit). So I am stocked with my yummy AF drinks.

Thanks Doggy Girl, Lodestar, JC. You are right I think I would be even more disgusted in myself tomorrow if I caved. Being hungover and giving in feels rotten enough but now that I have AF5 going on AF6....the thought of starting over would be awful.

The thought of going double digits....seems still too impossible at the moment. But I'm in the middle of a vulnerable moment. Oh I can't wait till this gets a little easier. I can't wait until I'm not fighting off the urges constantly every evening (or afternoon in this case).

Thanks everyone. I will be checking in a little bit. Try to do some household chores and have a sparkling non-al drink. Need to be on MWO a lot tonight and tomorrow.

:tempted:

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Hi Meech,

I saw on your other thread you made it through the night! Good going. Yeah, the blood sugar is a biggie. Keep eating all day, take snacks everywhere.

Sending powerful positive thoughts your way.

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

AF 6 made it now going for a full week

Thanks Lodestar.

Yes got some food into me. Tonight may be the toughest night I will have to face thus far.

I need to get some L-glute in me. It was so nice to wake up not hungover and teach my class. The sun was shining and the group was so positive. Being out in nature really helps.

If I can pull through tonight that will be a full week. WHICH I haven't done in probably 10 years (not including my pregnancies where I didn't drink at all thank God). This time I'm not drinking to save myself!!

I watched the Rain in My Heart (all 10 episodes) after the kids were asleep. That hit me deep. The people in the episodes were us at one time but were never able to crawl out of the hole. they just went deeper. It was devastating to watch but it was a good lesson. We are all human and we are what we put into ourselves. The true effects of what alcohol will do overtime. A slow death.

How are you doing Lodestar? I will look at your posts to see later today. Beautiful day now going to park with kids (they are getting restless) then hot chocoloate and cookies after.

I really have to shut the AL Beast's voice out of my head. The beast is starting early with the cravings again. He must be scared I'm taking this AF stuff seriously! I'm not listening!
                :lalala:

Meech

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Good going Meech! :yougo: I love your attitude. That will really help you get off to a good start.

:lalala: indeed! :H
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

The first time in 10 years?? Wow! You are going to feel so fabulous tomorrow. So excited for you!

I'm infinitely better than I was when I came here in October, thanks for asking. After 3+ months AF, I had a few planned drinks this week. Tasted pretty gross, actually, which was a HUGE shocker and I had quite a headache the next day. I know how quickly I could go back to where I was, so I'm better off without having al in my system. Regular use will not work for me unless I want to be a blubbering, self-loathing mess on a regular basis...which I don't!

That documentary scared the shit out of me when I saw it in October. You know, women are even more susceptible to the health effects of alcohol earlier in life, I've heard. So scary. I had lab work done last year and although everything was within normal limits, some areas were on the high end of normal. I'm in my mid-30s. I just had the labs repeated this week out of curiosity. It will be good to get the results next week. I've noticed so many outward changes, that I'm sure there are internal changes too.

Stay strong tonight ~ fight! fight! fight! Nothing bad is going to happen from not drinking tonight and if that addictive brain says otherwise, give it some choice words. That voice is not you. Take it to the mat, girl!

:boxer:

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Made it to AF7

Thank you sooooo much. I love getting replys on my posts because it makes me feel like I have angels looking out for me and helping me. And checking up on my progress or slip ups as well!

I ate, kept busy, increased the L-Glute to 1500-2000 today.(yesterday and today instead of just 1000/day).

If I just had 2 or 3AF, I probably would have caved tonight. But now that I have AF6 I feel like I have a bigger investment at stake and don't want to blow it. Does that make any sense? I don't want to down play anyone who has 2AF 3AF or 1AF. Because I have been the 1 or 2AFer for years. And those were the toughest days. I guess that's kind of what I mean. I don't want to go back to 0AF because I know those first 3 days are excrutiating. Those early days require and take a lot out of you mentally.

I have fought the beast tonight. So as I go into my second week I will keep by guard up and continue to gather strength and support from people like you who are MAKING MY LIFE FREE and beautiful.

Will check in later. Oh yeah question? I have a killer headache right now. Wonder if my body is just trying to balance it's self out due to AF. Plus my forehead is breaking out like a teenager. I wondering if I'm starting early menopause or if my body is de-toxing a bit. Any thoughts on that? I am 41 afterall.

I've been drinking a tonne of water this week. 10+ glasses a day.

Have a great sober night everyone!
                      Meech

Comment

Having an AH HA Moment

Oh man, Meech! Well done. This is great news. You are not downplaying anyone. This is your journey and you are saying what you know about yourself. Actually, it might help people because others who feel as you do, might set up their new AFness in a way that they will get through a witching day because of when they decide to start (e.g., you found it a little easier be on day 6 v. day 1 or 2 to make it through saturday night). Whatever works!

I don't know about the breakout, but I can tell you, my skin was positively glowing by 10 or 11 days in comparison to the past. And after a month...whoa. Good stuff. Give your body (skin) a little chance to adjust and you'll be taking years off in no time. Perhaps you already are with the teenager acne :H

You'll probably see this tomorrow, so happy sunday morning to you! You did it, just a day at a time. Glad in my heart for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X