Drama created by alcohol finally ended by sobriety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:goodjob: Gearhead you have been thru the wringer. I am glad you are sober. Do you take any meds to assist you. I'm taking Campral, again and I think it helps. But whatever works!

Comment

No meds! Just benedryl and or melatonin to sleep, and multivitamins whenever I remember to take them. I have used L-glut but not on a regular basis. I guess exercise is my best medicine. Have been hitting the gym for a solid 60 days now!

Seems like a different world now!! Its like I went to the brink of death and came back. :thanks:

Thanks for all your support and all the very kind complements. If I can do this anyone here can!!

Comment

Congratulations Gearhead on turning your life around. I think one of the keys to sobriety is wanting to be sober more than we want to drink. So wonderful that sharing custody of your child became far more important to you than AL. Addiction is nutty and makes us do nutty things.

I love that part of your plan involves tactics to always remember where the ride with AL used to take you. When I hear stories of people relapsing after years of sobriety, it is often because they drifted away from the support systems that REMIND us where we came from.

Exercise really IS a good AL antidote, isn't it? Good going Gearhead!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

gr8 to hear of your sucsess.
          amazing how offten i read that a person gets control of their demons because their accses to their kids is risked. bravo!
          AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
          X