Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 4th February

Good morning luvvies
    Zepps, hows the quitting the ciggies going? I know how hard that is to do, sometimes you feel like you are losing your mind I bet?
    It does get better though. I have heard lots of people get help with Champix. Do you have it over there? I used nicotine gum myself. Kept me off the smokes for many years. Giving them up was a tough one though.

Hope you are all well this morning, have a wonderful day and see you later x
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 4th February

Hiya my furry vamperooo starty mate...!!

wot you up to today ???

howz Uni going??

how many times a week do you go ???:l:l

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Hey there LJ, I was wondering where you were
      Today I am going in to a new place I am volunteering at. Its to support families and carers of addicts. I have to review all their policies and procedures.
      Uni is great, its very hard work but I really am loving it.
      Last night I picked up a book for the course though and it might as well have been written in a foreign language, why cant they use short words :H
      I go one night a week, but the work in between each session keeps me busy for about 3 nights.
      Hows the storms with you?

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Yep, you beat me this morning...!!
        thought you might !:H:H

couldn't get to sleep last night till about 2:30 am, was building kitchen sheves and moving all the stuff around to put on it !!!!

kitchen has got loads more workspace,

but am slow to crank into gear now..!

the storms have abated, but they are still warning of them coming back, but to the easterly & westerly isles & the north of us in the middle...!!

when you do your voluntary work, does that help as practice for with your course?? that is to be a counciller isn't it???

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

I am impressed! When will Ollie get to see your handiwork?

Volunteering should help both with my course and my quest to get back to work. Plus I really enjoy it :-)
          Yep I am training to be a counsellor, but whether I ultimately want to work as a counsellor I am not quite sure yet. I want the skills more than anything as I think they will help in the alc / drugs field.

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Olie comes home on Sunday for the day and I go visit him today,
            they have changed the conditions of our time together,
            we get thursdays for 3 hours and can go out in the village after we get his homework done, which is nice coz I get to help him with his school work, same as if he was at home..

I htought it might be to help strengthen he AF...I was looking to do something the same thing here.

I looked into studying to be an official translator but to do the Spanish degree I must have finished secondary school in spain or at least to have had on olevel in UK that is recocognised here in Spain..

so am looking for a way around it...maybe to take the final year and then do the degree..

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Over here, even if you havent had a "standard" education that can be bypassed by doing something called an "access' course, this I think proves you have the ability to take on the study required for a degree. For my course I had to do the introductory course and then go through an interview process.

Thats great about Ollie, I wonder when he will be home for good?

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

I reckon being realistic, he will be home for good in June when they breakup for summer hols,

I signed the new contract for 5 months not 6 months so it coincides with school summer hols.....and after a couple of sundays they will allow a sat day out and sun day out without sleep sat night and if all is good the follwing weekend he can come home to sleep each weekend after and come home for easter etc,,

I can understand and accept this coz he will need time to adjust to being back home and they need to be sure I am 100% well...and no lapses...

coz if he comes home too quick and I have a lapse he will be taken and it all starts from the begining for us, which will be horrible for him and me.....so I am NOT gonna lapse but they need to be sure...!!

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

startingover;800783 wrote: Over here, even if you havent had a "standard" education that can be bypassed by doing something called an "access' course, this I think proves you have the ability to take on the study required for a degree. For my course I had to do the introductory course and then go through an interview process.

Thats great about Ollie, I wonder when he will be home for good?
                  yes that's a good idea, I've heard about that in the UK, my son is looking into doing that coz his education has been always here in Spain.

Gonna look into it, must have the same thing here I should imagine ??????

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Morning Start's, Lady J, and all to come,
                    Best wishes on your journey with your family LJ.
                    Starter's, you are a gem....

Have a safe, sober, and magical day Trooper's!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Morning Starts,LJ and all those yet to arrive at big school today

Back to freezing and a bit of snow and joy of joys more snow to come.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Hi Mr G
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Morning Starty & LJ, always nice to see you popping in to see us Mr. G.
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

:sulk:
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th February

Jackie sorry I didnt see you getting in under the radar there. No snow but pouring down again and need the lights on still.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X