Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To drink or not to drink.....( non alcoholic beer or wine )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very amazing and sobering thought Brittzak.
    THANK YOU!!!

Comment

IAD;801701 wrote: Gear.......Drinking a brew..every once -in-while is your prorocative, Can you do it !? and not make it a sixpack .....You'll Know where your problem becomes too big for you to handle.....
      If I'm not getting a buzz off one, there is no positive reinforcement to have more than one. For me, drinking a six pack was all about getting a buzz, especially the way you feel after slamming one or two. With that out of the picture, its just a bitter soda!

Comment

Way to go Gearhead.....Keep up the good work. IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well for me it was the taste the buzz the sensation felt good then it was to get drunk then afterwards to drink to overcome the craving beyond mental control.....I dont go down that path of buying AF wine i did it before it just did not work for me buying Af wine, shape or form that looks like wine gets me thinking and wondering whats the point might as well buy the real thing, but that just me, it may work for someone else...right now i have been drinking lots of coke need to cut that down.
          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

I havent tried any AL replacements yet. I did try lower alcohol wine but it was salty (!!)
            I have been having the discussion with myself whether to just get a bottle to have something that looks like wine to drink when people come over. So I dont have to explain that I am not drinking. But then I think why should I be embarrassed or feel shameful about NOT drinking. I have enough shame and embarrassment from drinking to last me a lifetime. So I have decided to be loud and proud - I DO NOT DRINK!
            Thanks for this discussion - you have cleared up something I was pondering.
            (Baby poop! eeeewwwwww....)
            HC
            I finally got it!
            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

I had some AF beer on Saturday night.
              I'm certain the next morning I had a thick head. Not exactly a hangover but something like it.
              Keep on keeping on!

Comment

Fantasy........Non Alcoholic Beer actually has some alcohol in it ! Legally it can be called AF if their is only a certain percent of alcohol in it (in the US, 1 to 2 Percent) Sensitive Alcoholics would feel something the next morning kicking around in their head....... IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

My last week cutting way back on alcohol......

To all. I was a vodka drinker. When I decided to take a break I threw it out and won't buy it. I know if it is in the house I will drink it. So then I decided to drink white wine. Bought the boxes because they were cheaper (ha ha). Took me two nights to drink the box. Must have been a mistake so I tried that again. Took me two 1/2 days but it was gone. Won't buy that again either, I know me. So this seems to be working for me right now and also keeping me from having withdrawal.... I bought some of the Miller 64 calorie beer. For two days, I have had 4 beers and then I am full. Had three and thought that was ok but I was dying for another. So I had another. Only 64 calories and whew was I full. Then I quickly had something to eat to really fill me up and I was done. Can't drink when I am stuffed. Also, after drinking 5, 6, 7 - 2 or 3 jiggers of vodka every night, now that is downing some calories. So 64 x 4 = 256 calories and that is great.

So that is good. But now I am not sleeping. I thought I was sleeping before but I have heard that I was probably just passed out anyway. But I have been spending several nights awake...thought well I can have a mudslide and that will help but god helped me and I didn't. I was somewhat excited about having 2 nights in a row with only 4 beers. That's an accomplishment for me. I am eating more but hey, you can't solve everything in just a couple days. So what are you thoughts folks?

Comment

IAD;803130 wrote: Fantasy........Non Alcoholic Beer actually has some alcohol in it ! Legally it can be called AF if their is only a certain percent of alcohol in it (in the US, 1 to 2 Percent) Sensitive Alcoholics would feel something the next morning kicking around in their head....... IAD
                    Interesting. I looked at some 'Al-free' beers in the alcohol section of the supermarket, and couldn't find one that was below 0.5% alcohol. At least that was still marked on the bottle or can.

Although I never had one myself, I was told by many recovering alcoholics in my day rehab programme that they suffered from 'phantom' hangovers even without drinking the night before, but especially after having dreams about drinking. The therapists said this was very common indeed. Maybe a small amount of alcohol, or the strong memory of alcohol, triggered something similar?
                    I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

IAD;803130 wrote: Fantasy........Non Alcoholic Beer actually has some alcohol in it ! Legally it can be called AF if their is only a certain percent of alcohol in it (in the US, 1 to 2 Percent) Sensitive Alcoholics would feel something the next morning kicking around in their head....... IAD
                      I guess I must be sensitive then
                      Keep on keeping on!

Comment

THANK GOD they don't make a non-alcoholic blend like Crown...I drank to get drunk but also absolutely LOVED the taste...probably because I knew what was coming...that rocket fueled buzz.

As far as non alcoholic beers..I sometimes have O'douls..with my Naltrexone and TSM. TSM has 100% completely killed my taste for Crown,Scotch and any hard liquour...I get sick if I drink it now and even get a green feeling looking at a bottle and imagining the taste...THANK GOD. I still like the taste of beer after doing something physical but slowly but surely TSM is killing that also..I cant get past 4 in 3 hours...weird I cant even really drink it out of the can anymore...HAVE to have a glass..

Comment

Working...
                        X