Small Miracles can happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aloha and good morning all. I am just sharing my good news regarding last night. It was my first a/f FRIDAY night that I can remember for years!!!!! Now I haven't even had that many consecutive days yet by but hey....Out of this whole week I have only had 2 beers and that was on Wednesday night with sushi. The week before that was my beginning at the a/f thing and I didn't do as well, but still had about 4 days out of the week a/f. I must say though today is a much better morning than the beginning of this week was. I was and am struggling with my INTENSE emotions or feelings just in life in general. I have 3 children, work full time, have a husband and so it gets stressful for me and I have been using alcohol to de-stress all these years! So now EVERYTHING and everyone has been annoying me one way or another. It has been hard to keep my kool with the fam. And work seems ok but I am trying so hard to hide my IRRITABILITY I don't want them to know anything and have a feeling they may sense a little change in my happy go lucky attitude! I don't want that to change as I pride myself in my ability to spready happiness through my attitude to everyone at work. Nways, yes the emotions feels magnified, and I know why, the other thing is my health. All these weird little things are happening to my body and my first reaction is to freak out....then it usually subsides, so far seems things are ok and I may survive this! Well hope all have a great weekend!

You are doing GREAT Kimmick! The irritability will subside, and you will probably end up calmer and more cheerful in the end than you were when supressing all your emotions with AL. It takes awhile to learn to face life of life's terms. But today, I feel like I have developed skills for DEALING with life and people and problems. So I can take care of stuff as life rolls along instead of trying to cover it all up with AL, only to have it bite me on the butt later on.

Life will just get better as freedom from AL takes hold. Keep on truckin'!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Well done, Kimikk! I still remember my first AF Friday night - it's a real milestone I think.
      Have you considered using one of those herbal remedies to help with the jitters? Or camomile tea? That's supposed to help calm the nerves.

As Doggygirl says, the irritability will fade. Hang in there!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Huuray for the Friday milestone

Great job Kimikk,

I am on AF6 (first time in over four years) and last night being Friday was tough.

I was a Grouch last week. Probably on Day 2 and 3 AF. I would snap so fast. I even shocked myself at how this anger came out of nowhere. I would never react like that before. I knew I was really on edge because I was not being able to drink. And like you, my 3 kids and hubby got the brunt of it and didn't deserve it.

I didn't feel tooooo guilty and neither should you. BECAUSE it is only short term and the irritability will pass. What your family will get as an end result of your AFreedom is a happy, more energetic and fun Mom and wife. they just have to ride out the early storms with you a bit until the sun start shining. :rays:

I am already less irritable going into AF7. Wow! Tonight is going to be way over the top difficult I think my hardest night yet to come. Yikes. OOps which reminds me I haven't taken any L-glute yet today. Better get on that asap.

You really need to embrace your accomplishments and milestones :wd:. We could really help our confidence soar if we gave ourselves half as much self love when we go AF as we do self loathing ull when we get drunk.

Good Job on this milestone. You will be having many more great ones!
        :goodjob:
        Meech

Comment

Working...
        X