In Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Memory

I start by asking you to bear with me for this personal post and request, but over the last years this place has become my safe haven, my port when life just gets too hard for me, and the place where I come for comfort. This year has been a very difficult one for me, personally, and I've posted some of the things my family and I have faced. I received a call Sunday morning that my 45 year-old neighbor of over 20 years had died in her sleep the night before. She had just gone through a difficult divorce, was still having issues with it, and leaves 4 young daughters behind, the youngest only 7. This was just a torpedo, out of the blue, as they say she died from a heart attack. It's hard to put into words the large part of her life she and I shared; she was a thousand miles from friends and family when she moved here. She called me more often than my own children do, for advice on everything from cooking chicken rice soup to her failing marriage. Please take a moment of your day to think of her and her family, and then go and hug someone you love. This is another reason we can't take anything in our life for granted.
    Thank you friends.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCvgXw-Bh04[/video]]YouTube - Alan Jackson - Sissy's Song
    (I have started a group at GRATEFULNESS.ORG - A Network for Grateful Living under VAG.)
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

In Memory

Thinking of you Ruby and of your dear friend xxx
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Comment

In Memory

My thoughts and prayers will be with her and her family. I also will be holding you in my prayers. I know how hard it is to lose a good friend without any warning. Also, how difficult these days will be for everyone. Certainly, this is one of those moments when we should all remember to be thankful for all of our blessings.:l:l

Comment

In Memory

hi rubes yes i no the feeling,i am sorry for u and your friend,i look at it more now if this is not the only life she is in a much better world now,prayer is starting to be a larger part of my life these days,i lost 2 friends in 2009 within a week of each other,i colapsed,within the last 4 years ive lost my father and mother inlaw who i loved very dearly,this path were on is never ending,ups and downs,i beleive god puts these road blocks in our lifes for a reason,lets face it we are not ment to live in this hole foreever,we can only make the best of it,thank goodness for the lady and others who created this site,and all these fine people who get us thro our many moments,your one of them young lady,i wish you well,and hang in there gyco

Comment

In Memory

Ruby, so sorry to hear about your good friend, 45 is an appallingly young age to die, hopefully she is in a better place. As you are the most caring kind person on these sites I'm sure there are loads of us out there thinking of you, you've been there for me every time i've a problem so thinking of you now in your sad time.
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

In Memory

Rubes, as deeply as you care for people, this must be very hard on you. Keep your spirits up. :h
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

In Memory

Ruby-I'm sending up special prayers for your neighbor's family and for you, too, our Georgia Angel. We've all seen how strong and caring you are...but you need to take some quiet time for you to replenish. Just think how you were blessed to be your neighbor's friend - to be there for her. God knew where to station her, don't ya think? Right beside you!! Thank you for being here for all of us and know that we are all here for you, too.

Love ya,
              K.
              Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

In Memory

Ruby I can sense you deep pain, I hope with the help and compassion of your friends here that it eases. RIP.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

In Memory

Ruby,

I am sorry for your loss. Will be keeping you and your friend's family in my thoughts and prayers. You are an amazing woman. Please take care. :l

Comment

In Memory

Oh Ruby I am so sorry to read about your loss of a dear friend and neighbor. 45 is so young - it must be hard to even comprehend this. My thoughts and prayers go to you, and also to your friend's children and family.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

In Memory

oh my gosh...i am so sorry ruby. what a shocker for you and her children.

hang in there dear.

sending love to all.

Comment

In Memory

Ruby I am so sorry! Some of my friends are closer to me than family, so I can imagine your pain. What a tragedy. I will pray for you and your friends little girls.

Comment

In Memory

My honest and truest simpathy.
                          Keep on keeping on!

Comment

In Memory

Ruby, I am so sorry for your loss. Words just aren't enough, only time will ease your pain. My prayers go out to her family and yourself.:l
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

In Memory

Ruby,
                              I'm so sorry for your loss, such a tragedy.
                              I've lit a candle & will be remembering you & your friend today.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X