Home health tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home health tests

Well, because it is so expensive and I am so chicken, I've not gone to the doc yet. I really don't feel bad or have any symptoms right now. But, like most of us, I wonder what damage I am or might have done. I would rather know now in case there was something extra I could do to help. So I looked around online and found a home liver function test. As well as some others I might try also, like cholesteral,kidney and colon. I was happy to find out I could do this from home.

But then I got to thinking....if they come out bad.....well I guess its good and bad cause now I know right?
    But if they come out good....it might keep me from going totally AF (I'm only mod right now 2-3/day) cause I would rationalize that its not hurting me so why stop.

So now I'm wondering about taking the tests. I'm sure I will, and either way I am committed to my health. My mom has been sick for a very long time and I know how it makes me feel. I don't want to do that to my son as I grow older.

Well, just thought I would share in case anyone else was wondering about their internal health. Try testing from home. I found the products through Amazon. Just typed in home liver test.....inexpensive too.

Sending support to all where ever you are on your journey.
    :l
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Home health tests

It's a good thing to do, AK, short of going to a doctor and working with him. I get a full blood profile at least twice a year, so I know the things I need to work on. We HAVE to be proactive in our own health. The last thing my neighbor or all of us, her friends, expected was for her, a normally healthy young woman, to die in her sleep. Though it was an easy way for her to go, she left so much undone, and so many broken hearts. I want to know what I'm up against so I can be responsible for my own health. Keep us updated with your results, hon.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Home health tests

Yeah, I tried to talk myself into getting bloodwork.....I guess this is the next best thing.

And you are right, we are definately responsible for our own health. And now there is sooooo much more info it is easier to do.

:l to you Ruby...again, sorry for your loss
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Working...
      X