Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've fallen to rock bottom

Hi

I'm Lotus - was here a while ago, thinking I'd had "controlled" my alcohol habit. But for the last year I have not had an AF day. I have been signed off work for 2 weeks due to anxiety & instead of trying to sort out my drinking problem, I have started to drink ealier. I've had half a bottle of vodka and half a bottle of wine. I then started to self harm, so spilt the wine down the sink, promising I wil not do this to myself. But here I am craving more drink.

Lotus, do you have anyone you trust you can call to come and stay with you a while? You know the drill, AL will only make things worse, but you shouldn't go through this alone right now.Try to do something that is calming to you now - music, hypno or relaxation tapes. Stay here and talk to anyone who's around. But take care of yourself. The bad days DO pass. Remember how good you felt when you were AF? You can do it again. I'm here for you.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Wow do I remember my rock bottom days.

And boy do they haunt me.

Having had some AF time under my belt I can tell you that the anxiety is CAUSED by alcohol, not RELIEVED. As Ruby said, do you have anyone you can call on? I had most of my family come and stay at my house for a couple of days. At least to get you through the rough stuff. It will pass but you won't get better unless you stop (you already know this). Hang in there.

Comment

Working...
      X