Why is my life so unbearable to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish there was one word or phrase to sum it up. Closest I can come is ALCOHOL. I believe I do have a problem and have never admitted it honestly to myself. Depression ~ I think so. BUT alcohol prevents me from doing the 1 thing (exercise) that really helps. Zapping my energy so I cannot exercise. Anxiety for sure. I know my anxiety is worse after I drink so I drink more to rid the anxiety. That makes sense, right? Many words can dilute the meaning so I will make it snappy.
    I feel like Forrest Gump ~~~~~~ One day after running cross country for like 3 years he just stopped one day and said? ?I'm pretty tired... I think I'll go home now? ~~~ Well I am tired but just not really sure where to go. Thanks for listening, maybe if I go someplace nice (AF) I?ll see ya.
    H

Hi Hyper, :welcome: this is the place to come for support and advice from peeps who have been/still are where you are.
    have you a plan?
    the tool box has many gr8 idears and tips. Many people try one month A/F and decide to stay that way.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

good luck and :goodjob:
    AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

HI and :welcome:

You are in a good place, lots to learn and lots of support here. So stick around and post often. We are here to help.

By the way L-Theanine really helps with anxiety.

Good lucj as you start your journey
      :l
      Ak
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Hi Hypernova,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
        You post reminds me of myself - I was feeling exactly the same way one year ago. I knew that my anxiety/depression needed to be addressed - the drinking just made everything worse!
        Are you taking an AD? I was on & off one several times, never really helped. I found an OTC herbal product (Amoryn) that really helped me out. Once I had a handle on the depression I was able to give up my wine habit without a big problem.

Please feel free to drop in the 'Newbies Nest' thread for support - lots of people there just getting started as well.

Wishing you the best on your journey

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X