Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get motivated

Hi

How do I get started? I need advise and support on making this my first AF day please.

I've got marks on my arms from self harming last night. My hubby, instead of consoling me argued with me. Being a strict vegetarian for 16 years I had a sudden craving for meat so had beefburger and fishfingers (which I did not enjoy). And I'm questioning myself whether I should stick to wine today as vodka effects me more.

How to get motivated

Hi Lotus,
    Check this out, its a hard hitting documentary showing alcohol dependent people in the UK.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ary-37717.html
    There are 10 clips, watch them all and know that if you continue to drink this is where you will end up.
    I am not being harsh here just truthful.
    When I was drinking and drugging a lot I too was self harming, it causes depression, all these substances do.
    Take the first step of sorting all this out by being AF.
    There is loads of support here use it :l
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

How to get motivated

Hi Lotus,
      Check out the 'Toolbox' thread here in the monthly abstinence section. Read as much there, and on this site as you can, and find a way to start your day 1 af. Work out a solid plan of attack for yourself, and cover all bases. If you are a heavy drinker, withdrawal might be dangerous for you, so get some medical advice as soon as you can.
      It's great to see you here posting, Lotus, and sharing your thought's. Get informed, and go for it.

Best wishes, take care, and you can do this. I know you can.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

How to get motivated

Welcome Lotus,
        Here is a link to the toolbox - https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
        This site is getting so big, sometimes it's hard to find things.
        Fickle

Comment

Working...
        X