Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol Freedom Blog found on Internet

Hello

I came across this website whilst researching something else. Thought it may be of interest. Below is an excerpt from the blog.

Alcohol Freedom Blog

Alcohol Dependence ? My Life As I Planned It
    Published by Michael Pearlman, M.D. under Alcohol Addiction, Alcohol Treatment Programs

"Ever since I was a young man in college, I dreamt of a life dependent on alcohol. Yes sir, work hard and party hard. Long days in the office with longer happy hours and a few two-martini lunches peppered in were for me. Loss of focus, trembling, night sweats and alienation of my family and friends were exactly what I had on my goal sheet."

Of course the preceding paragraph is written ?tongue-in-cheek?; however, if you?ve known an alcoholic or someone who just called themselves ?A Drinker? you can probably identify with this paragraph. Because of its progressive nature, alcoholism is particularly damaging and deadly because those affected have the illusion that they are in control. They say things like, ?I don?t need to drink- I just like to drink.?

So some pertinent questions one who drinks excessively should ask themselves are:

When did I stop designing and planning my life?
    And how did I become a drinker?
    Is this happiness?
    Is this the life I want?
    There are no easy solutions, but what?s important for all of us, is critical for someone fighting addiction to alcohol: Focus on the life you want.

Focus not on your failures, the addiction or cravings, but on the life that you want to regain. Lay out a strategy. Write down your goals and the steps required to reach them. Think about how reaching those goals and how becoming free from alcohol would make you feel and how it would enhance the quality of your relationships and your career.

Alcohol dependence and craving is not easy to tackle on your own. There are many alcohol treatment plans available. Find one that is right for you and take action. Get help today and focus on your new tomorrow ? now
    Alcohol is poison to my life - AF 04 January 2010

Thanks for posting that Sky. The following really stood out for me as a good approach to take:

Focus not on your failures, the addiction or cravings, but on the life that you want to regain. Lay out a strategy. Write down your goals and the steps required to reach them. Think about how reaching those goals and how becoming free from alcohol would make you feel and how it would enhance the quality of your relationships and your career.
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Very good post Sky,
      Thanks heaps!

Comment

I think too many people get caught up looking into the problem rather than the solution early on. I was one of them unfortunately.

I think the gist of this blog is about focusing on recovery from addiction, i.e. the solution and NOT the problem.

Love and Light
        Phil
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I, for one, like a focus on recovery Sky. Focusing on solutions works for some. Good stuff! Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Great Post! Thanks for sharing it with us.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
            X