Can Someone Give Me a Hand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And pull me back up onto the wagon? After 16 days AF I was nuts to think I could go to a party that basically celebrates drinking (Fat Tuesday) and not have a drink! Good news is that I didn't drink anywhere near as much as I would have a few weeks ago (but still much more than I wanted to) and did not wake with a hangover. That is a true blessing. So, I'm not going to beat myself up over this, but I am hopping back up on that wagon.

Good for you getting right back on the wagon, hopefully a little bit wiser. I had to avoid drinking situations for a VERY long time. I still don't really enjoy situations where the main point is the drinking. (I no longer mind being in situations where AL is present, so long as "partying" is not the main event)

Anyway...the important thing is not to let this choice to drink extend into days and weeks of backward steps.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am here for you baby boo....You start feeling good and think....I am strong now and can stop , right? WRONG........I have done it as well and may again, but today we are strong and AF and that's what counts.......Remember how upset you are right now and maybe that will keep you from slipping next time....my goal is 30 days AF...I am on day 2.....so I am right there with you
      Smooches xoxoxoxoxoxo
      '
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Jelly,

Fat Tuesday, I forgot all about that day. Great job on the 16 days. If you did it once, you can do it again ! Today is a great day to jump back on the wagon....I'm on the same one as you ! I'm shooting for 40 days, but I'm taking it one day at a time. Good luck !!

Miss O.
        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Here's my hand, B. Jump right back on! "Never look down on anyone unless your offering them a hand up."
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks guys! I knew I'd get some great support here and a helping hand to drag me back up there! Luckily today (at least for right now) I have NO desire for AL. I think I'll just pop a few L-glutes and take a walk. Thanks again for the responses. I've been coming here at least once a day since I started a few weeks ago and I always feel inspired to hang on after reading everyone's posts. I should have come on the boards BEFORE I went to that party last night! LOL!

Comment

Jelly - Just keep moving forward - use it as a lesson (this is one we've all thought we could do). Your 16 days still count. Congratulations getting right back on the horse!
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

jellybabyboo;807554 wrote: Thanks guys! I knew I'd get some great support here and a helping hand to drag me back up there! Luckily today (at least for right now) I have NO desire for AL. I think I'll just pop a few L-glutes and take a walk. Thanks again for the responses. I've been coming here at least once a day since I started a few weeks ago and I always feel inspired to hang on after reading everyone's posts. I should have come on the boards BEFORE I went to that party last night! LOL!
                That is a good one worth writing down on your personal list of good tools! Delaying the decision to drink until you can get your head together is an excellent strategy.

Enjoy your walk. That is a stark reminder of my goal to do some dreadmill time today!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey Jelly,
                  Just grab yourself a seat and hang on for life!! It's a bumpy ride but there are lots of others here with you....
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                  X