Sugar-Free Lent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sugar-Free Lent

OK - where IS everyone??? It's Day 6 sugar free for me. I'm cooped up with this cold so eating too much out of boredom, but at least it's not sugarsugarsugarsugarsugar! That would be a disaster!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

Day 7? OK, This has to be a first.... a sugar dream. :H M&M peanuts to be specific. I'll spare you the details. :H
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

Day 7 for me. Greenie, if that dream involve GREEN M&M's, I will know it is connected with your vow of giving up celebacy(sp) for lent.... :H

If your dream involved green M&M's and Johnny Depp, then you better share the details or else! :b&d:

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

I'm here.

I'm satisfying my dessert fix with dried fruit. I know it has some sugar, but at least it's not a cupcake! :H
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

Doggygirl;810888 wrote: Day 7 for me. Greenie, if that dream involve GREEN M&M's, I will know it is connected with your vow of giving up celebacy(sp) for lent.... :H

If your dream involved green M&M's and Johnny Depp, then you better share the details or else! :b&d:

DG
            Is there something about green M&Ms I should know????
            sigpic

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

greeneyes;810914 wrote: Is there something about green M&Ms I should know????
              snopes.com: Green M&Ms

Don't LET me catch you feeding green ones to Johnny Depp. Or. Else.

Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

NuNaturals stevia - a serving is 1/64 tsp. 1/64th??? What is that, 4 granules?
                sigpic

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

Yes - with Stevia powder (little or no fillers) a very little bit goes a very long way. I mean a VERY little bit.

DG

ETA that is one of the challenges of cooking with it. No bulk like sugar. That is one reason why combining it was something like Erythritol works well in baking. Not exactly like working with sugar but closer than with Stevia alone.
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

Back on the sugar-free wagon :yougo::yougo:

I got an e-mail about a weight-loss plan, guaranteed to lose a stone (14lb) in a month, and although I know what to eat I thought it might be good to be accountable to something. And then I thought, I've got all YOU LOT to be accountable to :H

No more ice-cream!
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

Doggygirl;810997 wrote: Yes - with Stevia powder (little or no fillers) a very little bit goes a very long way. I mean a VERY little bit.

DG

ETA that is one of the challenges of cooking with it. No bulk like sugar. That is one reason why combining it was something like Erythritol works well in baking. Not exactly like working with sugar but closer than with Stevia alone.
                      Since greenie doesn't even have a baking sheet, I reckon that is a non-issue. We can talk about it though and make it a nonversation! :H
                      sigpic

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

greeneyes;811430 wrote: Since greenie doesn't even have a baking sheet, I reckon that is a non-issue. We can talk about it though and make it a nonversation! :H
                        :H

Day...is it 8 now??

[start rant]
                        I am very frustrated as I have been faithful to sugar free, and have also not been pigging out on other stuff. But the scale goes up. Part of that is being off from the gym. Also, this whole thyroid med shortage (of the natural porcine meds - not synthetics) has me so frustrated. I've had to switch brands or formulations 5 times in since last summer and each formulation has slightly different fillers, etc. which seem to affect how it works with me. I recently started Erfas' thyroid (from Canada) and I don't think it works FOR ME as good as Westhroid which was the last brand I was on. Since Naturethroid is what I will be going back to now that the supply situation seems to be improving, I'm going to get back on that right away (and dump the rest of the Erfa) and get "normalized" again. Oy. It's so aggravating to have to go through this because of the FDA BS. They have no idea what they are putting us poor patients through!!!!!

[/end rant]

Hopefully you ignored that rant. I needed to rant it but I'm sure you didn't need to read it!! :H

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

word for the day = throid

I was feeling so throidish I almost ate some M&M peanuts. :H
                          sigpic

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

greeneyes;811453 wrote: word for the day = throid

I was feeling so throidish I almost ate some M&M peanuts. :H
                            Well, but you can eat the green ones if you find a candidate for giving up celibacy for lent. Well wait. I guess YOU can't eat the green ones. You need to carefully pick the green ones out of the bag and feed them to your unsuspecting candidate.

When you do this, could you get it on tape and share it with us? (the feeding of the green M&Ms - NOT the other stuff to follow....)

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

I come in shame. :upset: I had a vanilla milk shake at McDonald's last night. I feel as guilty as I did when I used to get drunk.:upset:

Did you see they were selling whole bags of green m and m's for Valentines Day. I ate almost a whole bag. I think they were defective.

Back to day 1. (But I don't think that's really how it works for lent)
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Sugar-Free Lent

Doggygirl;811443 wrote: :H

Day...is it 8 now??

[start rant]
                                I am very frustrated as I have been faithful to sugar free, and have also not been pigging out on other stuff. But the scale goes up. Part of that is being off from the gym. Also, this whole thyroid med shortage (of the natural porcine meds - not synthetics) has me so frustrated. I've had to switch brands or formulations 5 times in since last summer and each formulation has slightly different fillers, etc. which seem to affect how it works with me. I recently started Erfas' thyroid (from Canada) and I don't think it works FOR ME as good as Westhroid which was the last brand I was on. Since Naturethroid is what I will be going back to now that the supply situation seems to be improving, I'm going to get back on that right away (and dump the rest of the Erfa) and get "normalized" again. Oy. It's so aggravating to have to go through this because of the FDA BS. They have no idea what they are putting us poor patients through!!!!!

[/end rant]

Hopefully you ignored that rant. I needed to rant it but I'm sure you didn't need to read it!! :H

DG
                                Hey Greeneyes and DG, yes it's day 8 of lent..cant believe I made it AL free this far...some nights the only thing that saves me is something anything sweet....once any sweets are out of this house I vow not to buy anything...except sugar free...cuz while not having the AL I dont wanna blow up from too many sweets...but in the very beginning some times its the only thing that helps me get thru an urge....I too am hoping to shake the sugar crave while ridding my body of the AL....any suggestions for supplements or something to help w/the cravings???
                                :thanks::new::h

Comment

Working...
                                X