Healthy and Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healthy and Happy

I just want to be happy and not at the cost of myself, or anyone else. But what is that? What is happy? I thought I was happy drinking, my husband seems to be, his family seems to be, all the people out there partying are happy. So I see it and it looks fun and happy but I am no longer happy. My life with MY family has evolved in such a way that being happy with alcohol involved isn't working anymore and furthermore my health is not happy. I am emotionally breaking down and the alcohol is not helping me anymore. I want to be happy really truly happy doing something else, anything else, other things and I don't know what that is or how that can be but I am trying. I am in a lifestyle that is exposed to alcohol and it's not a big deal to other people, that I can see. That is the struggle for me.

Healthy and Happy

One of the hardest things for me to face and accept was the fact that some people can safely drink, and I cannot. I am finally getting to a point where I have a life that I really enjoy and find full. It has taken time and work and a lot of self discovery to get to this place. I really lost myself for years in an alcohlic haze.

The first step was getting the alcohol out of my picture. Then the real work began. Not easy, but a WHOLE lot more rewarding than continuing down the path to destruction that I was on.

You CAN find yourself and you CAN have a good life that is satisfying to you and you CAN stop drinking. Read. Post. Work at it. Have you read the My Way Out book? That's a good place to start.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Healthy and Happy

Hi Kim and welcome.
      Are you SURE all of those party animals are happy ?
      I was miserable and lonely inside when I was 'out there'. Miss life of the party was only laughing because she was drunk, and being socially phobic and shy, alcohol was the buffer.
      It doesn't matter how comfortable other people are with alcohol......it matters how comfortable YOU are with it.
      Give it the boot, and see how good real life is.
      Bridget.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
      X