Feeling proud of myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling proud of myself!

Hi, I know this is kind of selfish but I am feeling proud of myself tonight. I am on day 11 and tonight my hubby had to go into work. Generally when he has to go into work and my daughter is at her dads (like tonight) that is when it is free reign for me to drink all night long. Instead I had a gingerale with some limes, read a book, talked to some friends and am now getting ready to go to bed.............SOBER!!!!

I am over any physical craving now I know so it's going to be the mental game moving forward. It's funny though, this time I am getting to a point where I am scared of AL. I am scared of it's power, scared of what it does to me, scared of how I would feel the next day, scared of all I have to lose if I continue to succumb to the power it used to have over me. I refuse to give some liquid that type of power over me anymore. I kind of like being scared of it now. It keeps me focused.

anyway, that's my story for tonight!

See you all tomorrow, I will be bright eyed and bushy tailed!

:h
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Feeling proud of myself!

Congrats. Keep up the good work!!

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

I'm proud of you, too...:l

Don

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

That is not selfish Uni. That is awesome.
        It is great to see you feeling so proud and confident in yourself.
        Have a great night!!

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

i'm depessed . . .

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

Good for you Universal,
            Sounds like you are winning that mental game if you are at the point that you are scared of booze and don't want to go near it. Don't give away your power to it.
            You are doing so well.
            I bet you will wake up and feel so happy that you have another AF day under your belt....another day that booze didn't rob you of your time, dignity, health and confidence.
            Good for you!!
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

Are you ok Funny Girl?
              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

well done uni, i have felt the same way being scared of AL knowning what it can do and how it takes over my mind and not knowning what im doing...... It a good sign....well done again.x
                Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

universal;807772 wrote: Hi, I know this is kind of selfish but I am feeling proud of myself tonight. I am on day 11...
                  I am over any physical craving now I know so it's going to be the mental game moving forward. It's funny though, this time I am getting to a point where I am scared of AL. I am scared of it's power, scared of what it does to me, scared of how I would feel the next day, scared of all I have to lose if I continue to succumb to the power it used to have over me. I refuse to give some liquid that type of power over me anymore. I kind of like being scared of it now. It keeps me focused. Uni
                  Uni - not at all selfish. Congrats on being AF for 11 days. You should be very proud of yourself. :goodjob: In this case, being scared is good. AL is one strong bugger. Can have a skinny woman or a big hefty man on their knees with just the slightest move of a hand. One drink and they're begging him for more. Be scared. As you say, it helps keep you focused. Be strong....Stirly :huggy
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

It's not at all selfish! Feeling proud of yourself is a very positive emotion and therefore should be worked on and encouraged WELL DONE!

Bets
                    x
                    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

Well done, Uni!

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

Hi Universal,

That is one awesome feat you have just accomplished. I think AL should be the one scared. He does not like it when we ignore him. So a big CONGRATS to you !!

Miss O.
                        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

universal - 11 AF days is a very important step. I can remember when I had my first 11 AF days. It is an incredible feeling. And you can be proud of yourself. WELL DONE
                          since 23. Apr 2009 : TSM - failed to reduce units
                          since 08. Jan 2010 : Naltrexone + Baclofen combination therapy
                          reborn since 16. Jan 2010 : Alcohol Free (AF) - only taking Baclofen
                          since 22. May 2010 : Baclofen against anxiety/fear
                          since 14. Mar 2011 : off Baclofen - taking 25mg Topamax/day

My stats :
                          http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/craving/

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

Well Done! I'm so glad you posted such a positive thread. It reminds us we're not just here when we're sick and miserable, searching and hoping, but when we have begun to find our way. I can just FEEL your pride in your accomplishment!! :grouptrophy:
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Feeling proud of myself!

You have every reason to be proud Universal. We need to praise ourselves when we succeed, this is not an easy journey so every step forward is a huge accomplishment, we need to remember that. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X