Army Thread 18th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm jumping back and forth betweem here and Ancestry.com. Have a 2-week free trial I'm taking full advantage of! Back to 1595!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;808018 wrote: I'm jumping back and forth betweem here and Ancestry.com. Have a 2-week free trial I'm taking full advantage of! Back to 1595!
      Ruby, that must be so amazing!! I would love to trace my family background but have no idea where to start. My great grandfather from my Father's side immigrated to Canada from Ireland and that's all I know. (Maybe I'm related to Mario or KTAB or Opal:H:H) We do have a family bible from my Mother's side that lists all the births, deaths, weddings and baptisms in her family but there are only entries that are fairly recent - back to mid 1800's or somewhere. My Mom did tell me a bit about the elders a while back and it was most interesting, even the little that she knew. Now, tracing all the way back to 1595, that is incredible...
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I'm having an in and out day too, I'm going to look at table lamps this evening (can my heart stand the excitement)

Ruby roo, our very own time travellor
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

evening all just back for a bit, how is everyone

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Grand,mario

Just gearing up for a little late night shopping, I have an overwhelming need to look at shoes and handbags.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

A quick pop in to say hi -- I do lurk a lot but don't post often ( but then you do know that) :blush::blush:
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

JackieClaire;808028 wrote: Grand,mario

Just gearing up for a little late night shopping, I have an overwhelming need to look at shoes and handbags.
                :no:when do all you woman get sick of shoes & handbags:no::nor is that another addiction

Comment

hi deebees

Comment

Hiya Mario -- did I read what you had for dinner right??
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hey DB,

mario, at least I'm down to just looking at them ( i do sometimes try them on ). there may be a forum somewhere i can join.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mario;807931 wrote: i just had kippers pasta cheese tomato and rice cakes,....just thought i would tell yous :-)and now having some green tea

Comment

Howzit JC... what you trying on girlfriend>> do tell?

Comment

DeeBee;808035 wrote:
                            yes deebees a cook i aint,

Comment

JackieClaire;808024 wrote: I'm having an in and out day too, I'm going to look at table lamps this evening (can my heart stand the excitement)

Ruby roo, our very own time travellor
                              JC, that reminds me of when Mr. Stirly and I first moved here - we went shopping for lamps and such one day, and we happened on this big store with a ton of different kinds of lamps, light fixtures, etc. Anyway, there were about 5 salesgirls around a desk at the back of the store but nobody came to ask if they could help us so we poked around for a bit. Then about 10 minutes later, we had found something we liked and approached the desk to inquire about a price and suddenly all of them looked up at once and one girl says "Who are you looking for?". (DUH!!) We just looked at each other and turned and walked out of the store. What did she think, that we weren't shopping for lamps, but were looking for someone who was lurking around the store!! Good grief...
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

mario;808038 wrote: yes deebees a cook i aint,
                                eish, my tummy's curdling just thinking of it.
                                Mr DB just made dinner with all sorts of left over -- that's the last time I'll let him loose in the kitchen!!

Comment

Working...
                                X