Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

I'm sorry I haven't been on line all week. We found out Monday my Dad has cancer so we went home to be with family. It was a very emotional and exhausting trip, but I made it through without alcohol. Running around now cleaning my house because my kids are coming down this weekend. My daughter, 23 years old has been engaged to a guy and living with him for 3 years. She found out he has 2 babies by 2 other women and has broken off their realtionship, so she is in turmoil. When I stay focused on helping others, I don't think of myself or my desire to drink, so this is good, although I am so worried about my 80 year old Dad who has prostrate cancer. I don't think I can make it if he dies. Please pray for me and my family. My Dad's name is Harold Perrett. Thanks to you all and love you lots! Hope everyone is doing okay! Love, Vicki
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Update

Hi sickofbeingsick it is so good to see you check in. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I will say a prayer for him. Maybe it's just the age many of us are by the time AL problems get SO bad. But many here on the forum have or are dealing with older parents and loss of parents. I know you will get a lot of understanding here for what you are going through. My own father has diabetes and has unfortunately had many complications and it is so scary and sad to watch these serious health issues in their twilight years. I too am afraid of how it will feel to lose my Dad.

I'm so happy that you are dealing with this and your daughter's situation without AL. AL would only make things worse as is always the case with AL. It's so good that you can be there for your family clean and sober. One day at a time we can survive.

:l

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Update

SOS, SO sorry about your dad. I know you've been flooded with emotions. Speaking from experience, this is NOT something you want to go through while drinking! You are both in my prayers.
      Thank GOD your daughter found out about the babies. If he's kept in from her for 3 years, he can't be in their lives, and that is a BIG RED FLAG for any man. Give her lots of hugs, love, and understanding. Hang in their :hug:
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Update

SOS - I'm sorry about your dad. That is always difficult, even when we ourselves are getting older. They are still our parents, we are still their kids. And your daughter is better off without a guy like that. It is good you can be fully present when both of them need it. Big hugs to all of you. By helping others we can help ourselves. I commend you on staying AF. Keep hanging in there, and always feel free to come to us when you need to. Much, much love to you - take care! :h
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Update

SOS...
          I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's diagnosis. It is always hard to face out loved ones mortality.
          I would like to tell you that, unless he was diagnosed with an advanced stage of prostate cancer, it may not be too awful. Prostate CA is typically very slow growing. Many men die with it but not from it.
          There is plenty of info if you google it. Many times the treatment is worse that the disease... I am not trying to instill any sort of false hope. You need to ask his Dr. very specific questions.
          Great for you to come through such news, topped off by your dtr's situation, without AL!! Congratulations on that!!
          Jenn
          "I fought against the bottle, but I had to do it drunk."
          Leonard Cohen

Comment

Working...
          X