Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know where to start

:new:
    I have been drinking excessivley for over ten years. I tried AA and didn't drink for about 7 months but I was miserable. I couldn't hang out with my friends, or go to parties or do anything. I just sat at home alone all the time. When I started again it was even worse than before. I now drink half a bottle of vodka every night and all I think about at work is getting home to get drunk. I am ruining my relationship with my fiance, last night I screamed at him for an hour- (I don't remember this). I don't know what to do anymore. I am thinking of asking my doctor to prescibe antabuse. Any advice?

:welcome: Lilyanne,

You've come to the right place where no body will judge you and masses of support.
    Have a look in the tool box link below to try and get a plan together.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Keep reading,keep posting. Believe when I say we have all been where you are today.

J x

:l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi,
      I'm new here too.. I hear you, i've had similar problems - drinking excessively for over 10 years and having all sorts of problems with it.. I encourage you to read posts on here and take any advice and suggestions.. i'm only starting myself now to be AF, today is Day 9.. I am also struggling a bit to find other things to do with my time. vodka used to be my drink too - but it made me self-destruct.. though wine wasn't much better.. just take one day at a time, and try to find some new interests/hobbies that don't involve AL - that's what i'm trying to do! all the best x
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

hi, & months rocks!
        if you did it then you can again, with the help of the people here you can both do gr8 things.
        have you been on meds or supps?
        AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
        X