Things seem to be making more sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right I went to see my Councellor last night I have been going to see her for a while now. I was explaining my behaviour over the last few weeks about the way I have been binging it and things seem to be making sense ie she has told me that I have too much baggage in my life and I need to drop some of it ie friends who I had a close bond with but have drifted apart and to stop putting myself into situations that make me feel uncomfortable just so I can see these friends.

I need to ditch my current job as its just dragging me down and im not getting treated like a real person.

She seems to think if I start doing these things and stop being so hung up on what i had in the past and focus more on the future that I wont binge drink so much as new activities that I want to venture out and do will come and fill my life.

She was saying that when I do go and drink that I dont drink as quick as I do and actually set myself a time and actually physically time it 1 pint = 1hr

I think its got to be worth a go.
    Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Flip, great news about the counselor. Sounds like she has a good head for these problems. Again, the old sayin, 'We don't have to change anything, we have to change everything.' It's true. I'm proof. Keep us posted!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;808409 wrote: Flip, great news about the counselor. Sounds like she has a good head for these problems. Again, the old sayin, 'We don't have to change anything, we have to change everything.' It's true. I'm proof. Keep us posted!
      The counsoulor (cant spell sorry) is part of a Group called 'SADAS' standing for Surrey Alcohol Drug Advisory Service you can google it, so they deal with this all the time, she just keeps drilling me about what a nice person I am and not this awful person that I think I am. I actually enjoy going there and talking to somebody every week and I can see how some of my recent behaviour could spiral even deeper and make things so much worse than they are at this present time. Just need determination and will power.

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

It's wonderful to have postivie reinforcement, isn't it, when we're so used to negativity. Sounds like a wonderful program.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Great flip top!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Felt like a bit of a loser at first but I have come to the conclusion that we are the ones that face up to these problems and all these people that look down on us, ask yourself who are they again anyway? I think ive done enough worrying about what people think so need to change things.

I was in a situation on Saturday where someone was saying to me why did you give your trade up and literally putting me down saying I was in lesser job now.

He had no idea that i wasnt enjoying the people I was working with and how down I felt(i enjoyed the work). I just turned to him and said you know what you know nothing about me anymore so dont judge me. I have more qualification on my little finger nail than he has.

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Hi Flip. I completely agree with so much that you have said here you are working on. Especially the not worrying about what others think. I have learned that I have to do my best and do what I believe is the "next right thing" and put my ego on the shelf. My ego is that part of me caring about what other people think! Sounds all good!

Just to clarify, is your counselor suggesting that you DO drink but just make rules about it? I only ask because for many of us, we've tried that a billion times and it doesn't work if one is really addicted to AL. (I am just one example!) Maybe I misunderstood that part or am not recalling your goals correctly. That happens sometimes with us 29 year olds.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;808459 wrote: Hi Flip. I completely agree with so much that you have said here you are working on. Especially the not worrying about what others think. I have learned that I have to do my best and do what I believe is the "next right thing" and put my ego on the shelf. My ego is that part of me caring about what other people think! Sounds all good!

Just to clarify, is your counselor suggesting that you DO drink but just make rules about it? I only ask because for many of us, we've tried that a billion times and it doesn't work if one is really addicted to AL. (I am just one example!) Maybe I misunderstood that part or am not recalling your goals correctly. That happens sometimes with us 29 year olds.

DG
                She was saying I need to train myself again and respect is a big factor I think. I had one bottle of 660ml beer last night and it lasted me nearly 2hrs, my other half had about 1/4 of a pint and had most of her bottle left and I could have finished it off but I didnt touch it.

I think I have or am so hung up on stuff in my past and stuff going on at the moment I need to let it go.

So if you do the calculation of units
                660ml (measure) x 5% (vol) devide by 1000 = 3.3 units of alcohol (recommended daily Al intake for men 4 unit)

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Working...
                X