Tigers Apology..........my thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I listened to Tiger's apology today. We need to think how mistake ridden we humans are. Society confirms are err by doing things like putting erasers on pencils ..Forgiveness is the one thing most of us seek here at MWO....we all have made mistakes and want to turn are lives around. So sobriety is our main goal here; forgiveness and a new start is also something we all seek. I say forgiveness should be thought of for Tiger........is it what he really seeks...only time will tell. Just my thoughts. IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

I'm big on forgiveness IAD.
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

I wish the man well. The only forgiveness truly important to him should be his wife's.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

While I agree with the concept of forgiveness, with respect to Tiger Woods's extra-marital liasons, something else comes to mind- who gives a F--K!!??

This isn't directed at you IAD, as you are not to blame for the sensationalist media coverage of Tiger Woods. That said, I have found myself disgusted even more than usual with the media for devoting so much time to it, particularly the US media. With all the legitimate problems and crises going on in the world, the fact that this story even made marginal headlines makes me weep for the future of the human race.

Comment

Yep JimBeam.....be as it may....we live in this media hype type of world...Ha! IAD
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

I too am big on forgiveness (major big:l:l)..everyone deserves a second chance....do i believe he wants it or deserves it..no..in my book mistakes take our toll mainly on ourselves..i really do not think he is at the level of self regret..possibly self over indulgence..i could be wrong but there you are.possibly his media porytrayal is to blame but i feel no pity for him what so ever..maybe he needs a new PR consultant??who knows..obviously I do not know him so I am possibly judging him completely incorrectly

Band:hit
            There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Well I think that sex addiction is a less physically damaging form of addiction than drug or alcohol addiction, but I do think he deserves a second chance.
              I do also think that a person of his status making a personal statement like he did takes courage. However, I do think that his one love is fame though golf and that is what he was trying to preserve first. Preserving his family is linked because we in the US or the West link personal virtue to money through endorsements.
              So bottom line he knows he will be loss famous as a sex addict than as a golfer. So he will get control of this but will he finally grow? He said in his interview that he had worked so hard he felt he deserved this, the sex. That is certainly something I can understand.
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
              AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

I think his apology seemed sincere, and like he indicated that his wife stated, that true apology cannot be in words, but rather the choices he makes and his actions from here on out. Addiction takes many forms. But I agree that the only forgiveness that truly matters is his wife's.

His presence here has made quite a scene as it was right across the street from where I live. Television camera crews and police are everywhere. I think that part is kind of sad.

I hope he gets the help he needs and can turn his life around and help others.
                If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Ok..just re read my last post ..i think i am being unfair..if anyone was to look at me outside of the people who truly love me..they prob would not forgive me either.
                  If he can sleep at night knowing that he means what he says and has discussed this with the people who mean most to him then who the hell am i to judge.
                  God at the end of the day i wish him the best as i do with everyone
                  :h
                  Bandit
                  There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Bandit.....I too am looking through the same colored glasses that us MWO people are looking through.....I say to myself......what would I want others to give me in my time of need......I personnally think that Tiger is a scoundarl.....but then what have I been ? "Judge not and yee shall not be judged" I look at all things in perspective.....I quess that's just me. IAD
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Could I add my two cents' worth? There is not one medical group--AMA, APA and others---who acknowledge that "sex addiction" exists. It is NOT a true medical addiction, according to the medical field. And, why is it only the rich, famous and powerful men who have it? In fact, the word was coined years ago by the PR team for Michael Douglas. Just saying.

Comment

I agree Up.......but even a poor boy can stare a squirrel down a tree ! Ha! Just an old country boy saying ! ha! IAD
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD..
                          As forgiving as I am in my heart...just cannot find it for him..just do not believe him..wrong or right..possibly I feel to know one is to be one or in my case to know one is not to want to be with one....ever again

Bandit:h

Comment

Bandit...I understand....I never cheated myself...I could 'nt find it in me to do so.....but I as a male could understand how it could be done. I can see how women would find it hard to ever trust someone like that......but: "Even a blind hog finds an acorn every-once-in-awhile." So even a person that screwed up could change." Oh well ....IAD
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sex addiction definition - A condition invented when a man caught cheating is actually caught . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X