Allotments??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allotments??

Gosh ..dont think this is the right place for this post but i did not see anywhere else..i know there is a place for books and recipes..and in many ways this could cross post and probably quite irrelevent and in advance for that I apologise..I have just got news that I have qualified for an allotment..something that I have always wanted to do but feel very scared by it..have no idea where to start ..but all part of my plan to put things in place for myself no matter how scary they may seem.

So far have managed to get a few books and have decided on 'raised beds' but that is as far as I have got

If anyone out there has an allotment and/or is good at growing fruit/veg/flowers then please let me know.

Bandit:h
    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Allotments??

Oh YAY !
    Right up my alley love.
    I am on the other side of the world, but once gardening is in yer blood, it's all over.:H
    Raised beds are fabby. I'm just about to put a new lot in myself. Great for working them and harvesting. Excellent for drainage. You can control the soil which goes in. And I think they look brilliant.
    No problems with rainfall in Ireland I hear ! Whereas here we have to borrow , beg and steal for our water. So you're way ahead.
    And you're just about to head into your Spring aren't you ? Perfect !
    Why don't you start off with seedlings rather than seeds for the first bit. They're already thinned and seperated. You just put them in...blink.....turn around...... and slam them on yer plate :H
    Then maybe you could start growing your next crop by seed at home in one of those mini greenhouses or cold frames. That is SO much fun. To see the seedlings emerge.
    You will never be sorry growing things, no matter what.
    You will feel the benefit in more ways than you EVER imagined
    Can't wait to hear how you go.
    Bridget
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Allotments??

Fab..not doing the wrong thing then with raised beds..working on the timber now to create them..well not quite now as its 11.15pm here but will do in the morning!

Will keep you posted!

B:handit
      There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Allotments??

OMG bridge, dont mention those large yellow flowers. we will have a chalenger from across the pond, with the cliamate there bandit may catch them al up...lol
        AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
        X