Army Thread Monday 22nd February 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell does "intercostal" mean???

Hey JC, Stirly & Mario
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;810432 wrote: What the hell does "intercostal" mean???

Hey JC, Stirly & Mario
      According to Wikipedia

Intercostal muscles are several groups of muscles that run between the ribs, and help form and move the chest wall.
      There are three principal layers;
      * the external intercostal muscles, which aid in quiet and forced inhalation. They originate on ribs 1-11 and have their insertion on ribs 2-12. The external intercostals are responsible for the elevation of the ribs, and expanding the transverse dimensions of the thoracic cavity.
      Located around the ribs
      * the internal intercostal muscles, which aid in forced expiration (quiet expiration is a passive process). They originate on ribs 2-12 and have their insertions on ribs 1-11. The internal intercostals are responsible for the depression of the ribs decreasing the transverse dimensions of the thoracic cavity.
      * the innermost intercostal muscle, the deep layers of the internal intercostal muscles which are separated from them by the neurovascular bundle.
      Both the external and internal muscles are innervated by the intercostal nerves (the ventral rami of thoracic spinal nerves), and are provided by the intercostal arteries and intercostal veins. Their fibers run in opposite directions.

JC's been "google-ing" again...:H
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

no I haven't I couldn't get in it was a bit busy SG,

someone was ahead of me in the queue ( I wonder who it was eh eh SG )
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;810437 wrote: no I haven't I couldn't get in it was a bit busy SG,
          someone was ahead of me in the queue ( I wonder who it was eh eh SG )
          Haven't the foggiest!!:H:H:H

Comment

stirly-girly;810438 wrote: Haven't the foggiest!!:H:H:H
            I've done it before. All I can do is take pain killers. Last time I thought I'd broken a rib.
            It is so simply done.

I coughed as a bent over to rinse my hair.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;810441 wrote: I've done it before. All I can do is take pain killers. Last time I thought I'd broken a rib.
              It is so simply done.
              I coughed as a bent over to rinse my hair.
              I thought you were pullin our leg(s). You have to be careful JC. Just a while back it was a sprained ankle...

Comment

I used to get bumps and bruises when I was drinking and never felt a thing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;810450 wrote: I used to get bumps and bruises when I was drinking and never felt a thing.
                  Used to wake up with bruises and couldn't remember how I'd gotten them. Most of the time it would come to me after I spent a lot of time trying to go over what I had done the night before but a couple of times, nothing. Just this big blank.:no: Then of course, I would have to make up an excuse for how the bruise got there if it was in an obvious place. Hopefully those days will remain in the past.

We haven't had a word from Jan in over 48 hours. I'm starting to get really worried. KTAB posted a link about the weather there but I really couldn't make much out from it. Anybody heard anything today??

Comment

I'll go give her a poke on FB,

back in a mo
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello......:hello2:

lovely ladies...
                      hey JC that is a shit break..everything you do tweeks it..!
                      I did it once while skiing...breathing coughing, laying down..everything,, and the shit is they can do nought..
                      just load you up with painkillers, and tell you not to make sharp movements and be careful....!!!

how did you do it..?????

Comment

Just as well I couldn't get on FB. There you are

I coughed while washing my hair. It's not a break just a sprain.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ladyjan;810455 wrote: Hello......
                          lovely ladies...
                          hey JC that is a shit break..everything you do tweeks it..!
                          I did it once while skiing...breathing coughing, laying down..everything,, and the shit is they can do nought..
                          just load you up with painkillers, and tell you not to make sharp movements and be careful....!!!
                          how did you do it..?????
                          About time you showed up Jan...now I can uncross my fingers. Do you know how hard it is to type with your fingers crossed....:h:h

Comment

and am ok, so is ollie but our islands were very badly hit,
                            simular to madeira but luckily not as bad..but was the same storm
                            had two deaths, a young child was trapped in a house as it collapsed..
                            but a lot of damage all round..

Comment

hi all again, mr muscle is back

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

stirly-girly;810458 wrote: About time you showed up Jan...now I can uncross my fingers. Do you know how hard it is to type with your fingers crossed....:h:h
                                like ahfhhgiw rg eert
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X