Army Thread, 26 February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread, 26 February

mario;812708 wrote: mr tips if you dont mind me saying,i was wondering what was happening to you,and when you started thread here this morning i did asked where you ok,personally i am glad your finished with that,welcome home
    :H:H:H

Thx, Mario

I must still read back on the thread, though.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

startingover;812709 wrote: Are they helping at all for the depression though?
      I'm afraid not. He tried it more as an off-label attempt to help with ADD, with the added benefit of being an AD.

But I was starting to freak out on the stuff... Spoke to him the day before yesterday, and have an appointment for Monday. I have already cut the dose in half in anticipation going off of it.

I did lose 5kg in 40 days, though. Highly recommended as an appetite suppressant.
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

tiptronic_ct;812712 wrote: I'm afraid not. He tried it more as an off-label attempt to help with ADD, with the added benefit of being an AD.

But I was starting to freak out on the stuff... Spoke to him the day before yesterday, and have an appointment for Monday. I have already cut the dose in half in anticipation going off of it.

I did lose 5kg in 40 days, though. Highly recommended as an appetite suppressant.
        ******wondering if my doc will hand some over******

I wonder what they'll try next? Why did they try on trazadone when they werent able to let you stay on it?
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

People at work were starting to ask me if I were OK...

Although my staff are loving it: I'm dishing out shit to all and sundry who won't cooperate with us. The weirdest thing: they're listening to me!!!
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

tiptronic_ct;812715 wrote: People at work were starting to ask me if I were OK...

Although my staff are loving it: I'm dishing out shit to all and sundry who won't cooperate with us. The weirdest thing: they're listening to me!!!
            Every cloud has a silver lining I suppose :H

Must be tough though.....its horrible just not to be able to feel "normal' isnt it?

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

startingover;812714 wrote: ******wondering if my doc will hand some over******

I wonder what they'll try next? Why did they try on trazadone when they werent able to let you stay on it?
              You can get almost any med on normal prescription for a while, because that comes off the savings portion on our medical aid. If you deplete that, you start paying yourself.

For chronic meds (where they have to pay), the rules become much stricter. They didn't like the pricing of the Molipaxin, even though it worked beautifully. Poxfeckers
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

tiptronic_ct;812719 wrote: You can get almost any med on normal prescription for a while, because that comes off the savings portion on our medical aid. If you deplete that, you start paying yourself.

For chronic meds (where they have to pay), the rules become much stricter. They didn't like the pricing of the Molipaxin, even though it worked beautifully. Poxfeckers
                Is there a generic they can try?

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

startingover;812717 wrote: Every cloud has a silver lining I suppose :H

Must be tough though.....its horrible just not to be able to feel "normal' isnt it?
                  I had a very long discussion with my psychologist around exactly that today. Poor woman, an hour session is usually just 50 minutes. I stayed for 70...
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

tiptronic_ct;812721 wrote: I had a very long discussion with my psychologist around exactly that today. Poor woman, an hour session is usually just 50 minutes. I stayed for 70...
                    Did it help any?

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

startingover;812720 wrote: Is there a generic they can try?
                      Nope, unfortunately not. The medical aid rules already state that if a generic is available, they're not allowed to dispense the brand name, even if that was what was prescribed.

You guys can thank your lucky stars for NHS (I think that is what it is called?)
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

tiptronic_ct;812724 wrote: Nope, unfortunately not. The medical aid rules already state that if a generic is available, they're not allowed to dispense the brand name, even if that was what was prescribed.

You guys can thank your lucky stars for NHS (I think that is what it is called?)
                        I do thank my lucky stars for it. Yes, thats what its called.
                        I know people complain, but really we are so very very lucky to have it.

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

startingover;812723 wrote: Did it help any?
                          Lots. Some good has come out of this: I am more assertive (as opposed to being aggressive).

The big thing is to be sufficiently self-aware to take the good (meds or no meds) and build on it, whilst mitigating the "bad". That's not what she said - that's my take on it.

She gave me huge encouragement today.
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

I've been with my doctors practice since before I was born
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

tiptronic_ct;812729 wrote: Lots. Some good has come out of this: I am more assertive (as opposed to being aggressive).

The big thing is to be sufficiently self-aware to take the good (meds or no meds) and build on it, whilst mitigating the "bad". That's not what she said - that's my take on it.

She gave me huge encouragement today.
                              I am so pleased for you.
                              Thats the sort of feeling I am getting, self awareness, confidence and a realisation that I am not as bad as I believed I was, then to put all that together and make my life what it should be

Comment

Army Thread, 26 February

JackieClaire;812730 wrote: I've been with my doctors practice since before I was born
                                21 years then?

Comment

Working...
                                X