Therapeutic Drumming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Therapeutic Drumming

Expressive Arts Therapy uses various arts - moving, painting, drawing, sculpture, music, writing, sound and improvisation in a supportive setting to facilitate growth and healing. It is a process of discovering ourselves through any art form that comes from an emotional depth.

Drumming is just one of those art forms that I've decided to study at The Therapeutic Drumming Foundation in Nottingham in 3 weeks time. I've just today gained part funding with a further ?1300 to find before October to complete the Diploma. I'm hoping that's going to come through a charitable organisation that helps socially excluded people who have had problems with alcohol, drugs, homelessness and criminality in the past.

I've been in talks with the manager of the treatment center I was in over the past week and any practical work I need for my portfolio/Diploma I can do within the treatment center with graduates only. Hopefully if funds allow next year (and if I complete my Diploma) I will be facilitating these workshops as part of the program within this treatment center with 'raw recruits'!!

To consider where I was this time last year (in treatment at SHARP) and to think that in a year's time I could be working in the very same treatment center, is just astounding to me. I never would of thought I'd be where I am today; chasing funding, having goals, having a purpose in life, giving something back to a community, etc etc. It's just mind blowing some days when I look back to where I was.

Please watch this video as it will give you a really good idea of the type of work I hope to be doing in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDJAkBF_qt8&feature=PlayList&p=70ECD10176F 3AE4A&index=2[/video]]YouTube - Drumming for Wellness

Love and Light
    Phil
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Therapeutic Drumming

Great stuff Hip,
    I'm also amazed at how far i've come since ditching the grog. I'm kicking serious bottom in my life, and it just get's better and better.

Best wishes with your studies. Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Therapeutic Drumming

Thanks G.

Like you said it does keep getting better and better the more I work at it. If you want something in this life you have to reach out and grab it with both hands. I'm definitely not short of enthusiasm either as music, I know, has helped me in the past with my own emotional outlet as I'm sure it has for you.
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Therapeutic Drumming

boom bang bong

go for it hippie, sound great. just think you could be helping others with this . how amazing is that
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Therapeutic Drumming

You truly have come a long way. It's hard to believe its only been a year.......yet its hard to believe its already been a year. It does keep getting better and better. So happy you have set goals that include helping those that will follow in this journey.

Comment

Therapeutic Drumming

Wonderful!!! I like to go to an informal drumming circle on Friday nights. I really like the energy. It really makes me smile to see what amazing things you put forth.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Therapeutic Drumming

Hippie.......Therapeutic Drumming.....I quess it'll be alright as long as they don't play "Wipe Out" by the Ventures...Ha! Sorry mate....new ideas are always quite interesting to us members...IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Therapeutic Drumming

Hippie, you have come so far in a scant year that it's remarkable and really inspiring. I've really enjoyed catching up on your posts recently.

Drumming is something close to me that I had forgotten, so thank you for the reminder. as a lad (before we went to Australia) our family would attend tribal pot-luck dinners and various native American festivals. I was quite young but will never forget the hypnotic effect of the drums beating, fires blazing with the sun setting over the evergreens. mystical for sure.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Therapeutic Drumming

Dets.........A man after my own heart......native rhymes and chanting ...very therapeutic....Yes Hippie it is very soothing and therapeutic ! I must get back into it. IAD ( Native American Chanting and rhymes )
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Therapeutic Drumming

Hi Hippie! This sounds great! Yes, you have come a long way in just one year! But, we all know that this has happened because of the hard work and effort that you have put into your transformation! This does sound like a perfect opportunity for you! Congratulations on "Creating it!".

XXX Kate
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Therapeutic Drumming

Hiya Phil.
                      They do therapeutic drumming at the centre where I work too. I need to find about a bit more about it, but watching the vid was inspiring.
                      Just like you are !! Mind blowing is an under statement my friend!!
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                      X