Hi everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone!

Just checking in as I haven`t posted in about a week. I guess i just need to say what a change in my life MWO has made. I joined on jan.21 and have been mostly AF since then. Oh i`ve had my ups and downs and slip ups, but with all the help and advice i`ve gotten here, i`ve been able to stay focused and get right back on track when i did slip up. Now, for the first time in years, alcohol is not something i long for anymore,don`t get me wrong i still think about it, but it`s not with the same yearning. I`ve learned a lot about my body, what triggers the cravings and what helps to ease them, and i`ve learned a lot about myself and the reasons why i drink. I am starting to feel at peace with myself, which is a very new and wonderful feeling... I just pray to God that this peace of mind continues. Again, I cannot say thank you enough for all your INCREDIBLE support..... :thanks:

Hi everyone!

DITTO! I've been on that same journey for the last month, too! Up and down, discouraged and defeated, but I have a better attitude today as last night I got drunk again, but I'm realizing not to stay down and beat myself up but rather get right back up and fight even harder, hopefully learning from my mistakes! Congrats to you!
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Hi everyone!

im feeling in a bit of a dangerous place today. almost a week af. feel good and positive but some stupid bit of my head, the one that is friends with al is saying, hey yes you can do it, why not have a little drink tonight to just show how good you are. how stupid, i so dont want to go back to this time last week and im sure that is where that little drink would take me because sensible head knows that the little drink will turn into a big almighty session ... just so al can regain a bit of control over me. i must listen to the sensible head.
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hi everyone!

Spuddle - Thats why im here following you around :H
        Ready to kick your ass if you listen to these crazy voices in your head!
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi everyone!

Hi Guys, good for you Bunny. SOBS you are right we have to try and try again. Spuddleduck if you do start feeling like drinking later on come straight here and post or go to chat. Remember cravings are just feelings, they come and then they go again. Do you have any L-glutamine? I find this helps a lot. You can do this.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi everyone!

Spuddle....I am with Chill......you will get a double ass whooping!!!!!
            it's not worth it and you know you won't stop at one
            That's just the demon tormenting you...he's hungry and mad that you are starrving him....
            I think I need to name my demon......what cha think?
            Maybe Pinhead?:H:H:H:H
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi everyone!

ps.......excellent job Bunny!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi everyone!

Keep strong Spuddle thinking of you, maybe a nice long walk will blow those thoughts away :h
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hi everyone!

[QUOTE
                  Maybe Pinhead?
                  Mama Bear - ROFLMAO! :H:H:H:
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi everyone!

mama bear;813141 wrote: Spuddle....I am with Chill......you will get a double ass whooping!!!!!
                    it's not worth it and you know you won't stop at one
                    That's just the demon tormenting you...he's hungry and mad that you are starrving him....
                    Maybe Pinhead?:H:H:H:H
                    Mama Bear - ROFLMAO :H
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi everyone!

Bunny, I went into the chat room for the first time and it was awesome. If you get to the point you really want to drink, go there first. So much love and support! Spuddleduck, you've been there for me so many times, don't you let me down. I'm so proud of you, don't you give in to that demon that wants to destroy you! We all love and care about you!
                      I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                      but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
                      X