X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First AA Meeting

Good for you Cindi,
    Awesome that you have 19+ days now too!
    I think I may find an AA meeting to go to. I would like to find that kind of support too.
    Well done, I can imagine that I would be very nervous too....but, everyone is there for the same reason....
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

First AA Meeting

Exactly, AMELIA! It is amazing we are so scared to go (in hindsight). I was shaking in my car the first night driving over, but told myself, in that room I'll meet in person people like Doggygirl, Retteacher, and others from MWO who also do AA. And I was right. The stories you hear are the same ones you read here - in fact I have to remind myself that I heard that story on MWO from someone in another part of the world, not my city, but they could be the same person. Shoot I've heard my life story come out of someone else's mouth! The live connection is an added dimension that I've found I love and didn't know I needed. I can take what I need at my own pace too. There is no pressure, but there is always someone to answer questions or talk to if I ever need to.
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

First AA Meeting

Amelia - If you contact AA AA Newcomer they can arrange for an AA-er to take you to a meeting so you don't have to walk in by yourself! That's what I did the first time - and it gave me the chance to ask a few questions I had when I phoned them and also when I met up with the woman who took me to the meeting.
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

First AA Meeting

Cindi.........When I first read your post about the AA meeting being (OD) I said ...what !... Over Dose...sorry it just came to mind..Ha! Glad you had a good expirence.....Did ya' get your 24 hour chit ? Ha! I've got 4 of them...Ha! I'm not making light of your first meeting....them people really want to help. I could'nt cut it, the 12 steps and all, kept tripping down em'. Ha! I do have friends that are long time AA members...they love it. Try to get me to come back....but I'm doing ok with this sight and my meds. Good luck Cindi ! IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
          X