Please don't attack me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't attack me!

I have been coming to this site for 34 days and have found so much love and support here! But in the last week, I have seen so many ugly post and drama going on. I always exit posts that involve critisism or judgement. This is just stinking thinking and none of us need that! We are all here to get help or to give help to others. It breaks my heart to think that a new person would come into this site and see the drama, leave and never come back. When we engage in these conversations, we are neglecting those new people and those in crisis! Some of us are sensitive. If I here a sad song, I cry. If I hear an uplifting one, I get inspired. Let's all be uplifting and encouraging to one another! If you can't say something nice, please don't say anything at all! Thanks to all those who have inspired me and been there when I needed you most. Love you all!
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Please don't attack me!

I know...I have been a bad girl......I just don;t like seeing people I care about being attacked and feel the need to defend them....I have always been that way, but I will try to bite my tounge ifI am upsetting people.....
    I know it just feeds egos too...
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Please don't attack me!

Sobs, I agree with you 100%. The drama is not needed here and it is best to ignore it.

Comment

Please don't attack me!

I have been here a while and have seen a fair amount of drama between various people. But the overriding feeling of this place is peace and safety. I hang on to that and try to ignore any negativity, as I know it wouldnt do me any good to get involved. I like to take the good and leave the bad.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Please don't attack me!

We all talk about ignoring, but obviously that does not always happen. I think if those seeking a reaction do not get one they will eventually go away.

Just my 2 cents!!

Comment

Please don't attack me!

SOBS, I understand what you are saying. Lately there have been far too many personal attacks. Personal attacks do no good to anyone, not even the one posting the attack. But, in any large community, sometimes emotions run high and it does happen. As Cuckoosnest said, ignore it and do not take it personally.

Also remember that there are people here in various stages of recovery. Yes, new ones do need support and deserve that support. But, others of us are at a stage of learning how to live Sober and at that stage, in depth discussions need to happen. Sometimes people will not agree and that is OK. It is not personal most of the time. But, none the less, even these discussions can be a bit passionate, and again this is not harmful. When you read such posts, stop and ask yourself, is this comment about the "Topic" or is it personal?

Thirdly. As to MBears comment about feeling the need to "Defend" those she believes are being attacked. This is often a matter of opinion and this behavior is often more harmful than just allowing threads to take their course. I also might ask after how after being her for less than a month, one believes that they have the information needed to tell others how they should think, and what they are thinking. Taking sides is not usually very helpful.

SOBS....you are at a very vulnerable time in your sobriety. Remember the Serenty Prayer and take it to heart. Do not take everything personally. Take what you need and ignore the rest! It works! Stay focused on yourself and your goals!!

xxx Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Please don't attack me!

You are so right Kate about learning to live sober, one of those things is learning that we cannot control anothers thoughts or deeds. Only our own.

Comment

Please don't attack me!

AMEN STARTS!!!:goodjob:
                Shoot! Thinking that we could or should be able to control others is a HUGE Trigger for most of us!:upset:

:l Kate

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Please don't attack me!

KateH1;813236 wrote: AMEN STARTS!!!:goodjob:
                  Shoot! Thinking that we could or should be able to control others is a HUGE Trigger for most of us!:upset:

:l Kate
                  I know! I did it for years :H
                  The penny is slowly slowly dropping now....its a massive relief too

Comment

Please don't attack me!

Sorry guys I get it
                    now that I am being called out, I will shut up
                    I meant no harm, believe me
                    I guess being here less than a month means i should be quiet
                    be strong and have a great weekened everyone
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Please don't attack me!

I'm so sorry if it sounded as if I was criticizing people. It's not that I am taking it personal, I'm just concerned about the new ones coming in and seeing it and getting discouraged. I'm so sorry I posted this. I never meant to offend anyone or tell anyone how they should think or feel. Moma Bear, I'm so sorry. I have not read any of the posts so I do not know who said what. I just thought we should all stand together and encourage one another, not attack or judge. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me for my post.
                      I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                      but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Please don't attack me!

MBear, Read my post again. I never said that you should be quiet. What I suggested is, do you really believe that you know people here well enough to judge who we are? Do you truly believe that coming in and deciding that you need to "Defend" some here is wise? Just consider this, it was not meant as an attack, it was meant to help.

Peace Out!

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Please don't attack me!

An opinion is only an opinion if it can be altered...... It is not a faith, or a belief, or a dogma, or a creed, or a compulsion. It is a thought that is open to analysis, and capable of being destroyed by rational argument or by the discovery of fresh facts.
                          But i am here to be helped with my serious alcohol problem & if i can, help others, imo we dont need that sort of attacks that we have been getting here as they dont help anybody not even the attacker.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Please don't attack me!

Sick, please dont worry, no one thinks that.
                            Neither you or Mama Bear have done anything wrong.

Comment

Please don't attack me!

SOBS...I don't think that you offended anyone....relax! This is a great topic, thank you for opening up a dialogue!

XXX

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X