Please don't attack me!

thanks starting and sos...It's all good
    I promise
    I got my big girl panties on!!!!!!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Please don't attack me!

SOBS. i fully agree. i read a post first thing after waking up this morning (from pigsick). i felt it was a personal attack on someone and it made me very angry. i replied to the post and instantly regretted it feeling i was fueling the hate. if i had seen that on my first visit here i would have ran ran ran back to my bottle. fortunately a couple of peeps posted and assured me that this person has been here before and causes problems. as for debate, heated or otherwise, bring it on .. always good to here another perspective but i really dont think this is the place for personal attacks. everyone has different views but were all here for one reason.
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Please don't attack me!

SOBS - Thank you for this post. I totally agree with you. I am fairly new here too and learning my way around. I accidently got in the middle of the drama last night and really got blasted. :upset: I don't know if that post is still up (I don't want to look) but I was told "f** you" and that I'm sick and a few other things. I come here to try to find support and give support. That one hurt and made me question whether this is a place for me. Which is sad because I was finally feeling at ease here. Oh well......enough said. Just wanted to tell you thanks for the post.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Please don't attack me!

NORA....don't go away cause of one bully...u need us and we need u....don't make me come to California and find you!!
          same goes for you spuddle....remember you already have one ass whooping promised by me and chill if you leave
          we love you!!

Comment

Please don't attack me!

for me it wasnt the subject of the post, as i said everyone is entitled to their opinions. it was the godawful way it was presented. i found it scary. ill argue the toss with anyone if i feel inclined but i always think when i lower myself to insults and name calling i have lost the argument. rational debate, great, abusive insults no thanks
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Please don't attack me!

I read that first post woth my hands covering my mouth and gasped...I feltso bad for ProParty.
              He has been on chats with and is a funny,caring guy....thus my angry reaction

Comment

Please don't attack me!

Oh, my, I seemed to have started drama that I NEVER intended to. Please forgive me. Nora, I'm so sorry you were attacked. You and others coming in is exactly why I posted that. Please don't leave us. I have found so many wonderful, loving, caring and encouraging people here and it has truly changed my attitude and my life! I didn't think I could do it, but when things got tough, people flooded me with encouragement. I am new here, too and I would love for us to keep in touch and help one another. Love to you all.
                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Please don't attack me!

How did this become another thread about Pro?

There is a long history behind Pro....and there are reasons that some here choose to keep a distance. I will not go into any details, as that is just adding to the Drama. This is exactly why, choosing sides just adds to the drama and the to misunderstandings! I believe that the member in chat last night who asked that Pro not use a "Pet name" for her was perfectly within her right!
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Please don't attack me!

now who's fueling drama?

Comment

Please don't attack me!

I remember hearing a lot right after 911 about how terrorists "win." (In US) If there is a terrorist attack, and we divert all of our attention to the attack, and start living in fear and stop our normal routines, then the terrorists have won.

I think posters who are clearly here to stir up trouble are much the same. If they get a response - ANY response - they have won. That is what they are after - getting ANY sort of rise out of the members here. I don't think it matters whether they get supportive responses, or "hey! you're a JERK!" type responses. Just as "any PR is good PR" in Hollywood, "any response is a good response" to an internet / forum troll.

A very easy peasy way for a forum troll to "get a rise" out people is to attack someone. Like flies to honey, there will surely be a number of good hearted forum members that will come to the defense of the person under attack. While that is a noble thing to do, it's still a response to the troll - and ANY response is a good response as far as the troll is concerned.

It's very difficult to exercise self control when we see our friends being attacked or when we see anything that we perceive as "injustice" here in our community. But the more self control we can exhibit by NOT RESPONDING IN ANY WAY, the less problems we will have with that particular type of drama.

I'm sure the forum moderators are busy in the background trying their best to deal with the troll issues electronically. Like the bad guys who develop computer viruses, the trolls stay busy trying to keep one step ahead. So there is a certain amount of this type activity and behavior that unfortunately, we just have to deal with as part of our participation in a discussion forum like this one.

Please try not to get upset by this stuff. The more it is COMPLETELY IGNORED WITH NO RESPONSE AT ALL, the less of it there will be.

I remember back in college playing on the "tug of war" team in some dorm floor competition of some sort or other. The only way to have a "war" is for both sides to hang on to the rope and pull. My team figured out that while we would lose the battle by just all letting go of the rope, we got the pleasure of watching the other guys land on their butts. Because they didn't have a "war" in the tug of war if we weren't pulling.

Don't let words on a computer screen hurt you, or pull you into some drama that is NOT helpful to your sobriety.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Please don't attack me!

Thanks Doggy
                        right as always
                        off to the mall.....no more posts from me!!

Comment

Please don't attack me!

Doggygirl;813321 wrote: I remember hearing a lot right after 911 about how terrorists "win." (In US) If there is a terrorist attack, and we divert all of our attention to the attack, and start living in fear and stop our normal routines, then the terrorists have won.

I think posters who are clearly here to stir up trouble are much the same. If they get a response - ANY response - they have won. That is what they are after - getting ANY sort of rise out of the members here. I don't think it matters whether they get supportive responses, or "hey! you're a JERK!" type responses. Just as "any PR is good PR" in Hollywood, "any response is a good response" to an internet / forum troll.

A very easy peasy way for a forum troll to "get a rise" out people is to attack someone. Like flies to honey, there will surely be a number of good hearted forum members that will come to the defense of the person under attack. While that is a noble thing to do, it's still a response to the troll - and ANY response is a good response as far as the troll is concerned.

It's very difficult to exercise self control when we see our friends being attacked or when we see anything that we perceive as "injustice" here in our community. But the more self control we can exhibit by NOT RESPONDING IN ANY WAY, the less problems we will have with that particular type of drama.

I'm sure the forum moderators are busy in the background trying their best to deal with the troll issues electronically. Like the bad guys who develop computer viruses, the trolls stay busy trying to keep one step ahead. So there is a certain amount of this type activity and behavior that unfortunately, we just have to deal with as part of our participation in a discussion forum like this one.

Please try not to get upset by this stuff. The more it is COMPLETELY IGNORED WITH NO RESPONSE AT ALL, the less of it there will be.

I remember back in college playing on the "tug of war" team in some dorm floor competition of some sort or other. The only way to have a "war" is for both sides to hang on to the rope and pull. My team figured out that while we would lose the battle by just all letting go of the rope, we got the pleasure of watching the other guys land on their butts. Because they didn't have a "war" in the tug of war if we weren't pulling.

Don't let words on a computer screen hurt you, or pull you into some drama that is NOT helpful to your sobriety.

DG
                          I think that was well put doggygirl,opinions are great but trolls are to be ignored.:thanks:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Please don't attack me!

WHAT TROLL :H
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Please don't attack me!

chillgirl;813329 wrote: WHAT TROLL :H
                              :H:H:H

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Please don't attack me!

I too am not certain who these trolls are??? But, in general I am a bit leary of new name with tons of posts, like hundreds within a short time, and all of them are centered on controversy, drama and personal issues! Particulary when this is a site for helping with addiction and addiction is rarely, if ever the topic of conversation with these people! Time will tell!

In the meantime......in the words of Tim Gunn.......Carry On!!
                                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X