Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't attack me!

I'll add my $0.02 to this post.

It is undoubtedly true that a certain degree of drama seems to be prevalent as of late. In an online forum of this size, this is to be expected. That said, one of the reasons I've observed so-called drama is that some people become offended too easily by certain posts or comments.

I can understand why someone might get upset over direct name-calling or other insulting remarks, but some of the drama has resulted from nothing more than someone's disagreement with the views espoused in certain posts. I, for one, have actually enjoyed some of the issues brought up in some of the posts I'm thinking of, but unfortunately real debate has not emerged due to the verbal jesting that has resulted.

Many people join this forum to gain help and insight into their drinking, and as such don't enjoy the deeper conceptual analysis that some members enjoy introducing from time to time. That is their business. However, rather than becoming overtly angry when their views are challenged, if debate is not what they're looking for, they are free not to participate in it. Getting offended and resorting to the petty name-calling I'm sure we've all seen is not productive of anything.

Comment

Please don't attack me!

Thanks, JimBeam - I like the open and rational explanation.

Hiddengoal

Comment

Please don't attack me!

SOS

Looks like a good thread to me. A tiny bit of drama. It should be ignored.

I have friends who refuse to come back to this site even though they could use the help and encouragement...which is sad.

But I can so concur with them. And yes, everyone is at a different stage in their sobriety and should reply on the appropiate thread and group. And get support from there if they need it.

Hugs-Yoga-great chatting with you tonght.

Comment

Working...
        X