THE NEXT DAY THREAD, March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning sluggos ... what's this? No-one wanted to start the new thread?

So it's the first day of autumn. Although we didn't have a ridiculously hot summer, I'm looking forward to the change of season.

Angel - how did the cockroach die? Beagle - how's the veterinary world? Ficks - when's that pesky houseguest leaving? Ronnie - report in please. Hi KatieB!! Spam - "Male Logic" - oxymoron perhaps? (not applicable to our own gorgeous blokes, of course)

Have a good one, all to come.

Hi Underoos!
    Happy March and stuff.
    Most boring post. Ever.
    Carry on
    -Sheep

Comment

Aah - Sheep. I love reading your posts. I always have a "sheepy" sort of voice going through my head.

KB - The reason we hate cockies is 'cos we are Poms and in Pommieland they are only associated with dirty houses. (Ever see Life of Grime?) . Whereas, here it's about weather and trees etc.

The first time I saw one of those BIG buggers, I nearly packed my bags and fled for the airport.

I knew I had got used to living here when I started to take pleasure in bashing the liitle oiks to death with a newspaper.

Spam xx

Comment

hey hornie,

126 days
        3024 hours
        181485 minutes
        10889112 seconds
        lol... happy march all.
        AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Aspy - you're rocking it, man. Fanbloodytastic work.

Guys - just a reminder that next Sunday is [b]Clean Up Australia Day. It's the 20th anniversary, so somewhat special. I'm going. Members of our small community are meeting at 10am and will proceed to clean up a section of land adjacent to a watercourse. Should be loads of fun. If anyone is interested in doing the same in your particular area, check out www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/ for details of a site near you.

So ... who's in?

Comment

Morning all, I hate cockroaches, especially those big, flying types....yikes.
            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Oh Clean Up Straya Day. What a great idea. I told Nichole Kidman and Kylie Minogue that I'd spend the day with them, but their neighbourhoods are 'effluent' enough to pay someone to do it.
              Great to see the drop ins last night.
              Hiya Fickle. Can't believe that guy is still there ? You're more than I could ever be with that kind of stuff.
              Hiya Beagle and KAtie B
              And I can see Aspy , Spammy Jessie and Sheepy through the round window.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Jessie - LOL! I know what you mean, I couldn't believe it when I saw one of those buggers fly one time.. I didnt think it possible - they've evolved dammit!
                Spam - true.. they are associated with dirt.. but I hate them just for THEM too! they just look horrible, lol, and they are so fast and crafty.. and really hard to kill..
                Hi TF!! - I know what you mean, its not been ridiculously hot this year, hardly any bushfires compared to last year.. but its still nice to have a cool change and be able to sleep easier at night!!
                On day 5 AF, managed to avoid AL over the weekend by keeping busy, with housework and working on sat night.. i'm working lots of evening shifts at the moment which is good as it stops me from drinking at 'dangerous' times ..:yay:
                "No worries" for those that did drink.. at least you know yourselves now.. like me last week - i had one glass, but I didnt feel too bad as i am no longer in denial and was aware the whole time what i was doing, rather than "drinking without thinking"..
                Happy 1st March guys!

K xx
                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

tawnyfrog;814043 wrote:
                  Angel - how did the cockroach die?
                  Mr Cakes jumped outa bed - starkers - (I'd flung it onto the floor & was cowering, ahem I mean standing Thai Chi woah! stance ready to attack) and picked up the very heavy tome I'm currently reading & threw it at the roach (it was big), it stopped, picked up the book & threw it back at us & ran down the hallway - MrCakes in hot pursuit whereby he pounced on the offender, they wrestled - there was hair/antenna pulling but eventually Mr Cakes over powered the beast & squished that mutha dead. All without waking the kids.
                  Mr Cakes was quite the hero in a birthday suit...pretty funny really.

Comment

Angelcakes;814145 wrote: Mr Cakes jumped outa bed - starkers - (I'd flung it onto the floor & was cowering, ahem I mean standing Thai Chi woah! stance ready to attack) and picked up the very heavy tome I'm currently reading & threw it at the roach (it was big), it stopped, picked up the book & threw it back at us & ran down the hallway - MrCakes in hot pursuit whereby he pounced on the offender, they wrestled - there was hair/antenna pulling but eventually Mr Cakes over powered the beast & squished that mutha dead. All without waking the kids.
                    :H:H:H
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Angelcakes = Freaking funny.
                      -Sheep

PS- sorry for the cockroach. It takes a lot for those to actually be funny.

Comment

Anglecakes.. that is HILarious!!!

:H:H:H
                        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Sheepish;814157 wrote:

PS- sorry for the cockroach. It takes a lot for those to actually be funny.
                          They've got a funny name.
                          That is all.

Comment

Angelcakes;814145 wrote: Mr Cakes jumped outa bed - starkers - (I'd flung it onto the floor & was cowering, ahem I mean standing Thai Chi woah! stance ready to attack) and picked up the very heavy tome I'm currently reading & threw it at the roach (it was big), it stopped, picked up the book & threw it back at us & ran down the hallway - MrCakes in hot pursuit whereby he pounced on the offender, they wrestled - there was hair/antenna pulling but eventually Mr Cakes over powered the beast & squished that mutha dead. All without waking the kids.
                            Did you get a video of all this? :H

Comment

Oh Lordy,
                              Poor Daina's gone, and Caitlin's flying solo.
                              How's Mr Cakes' carpet burn Angel ?
                              Sounds like he needs a stunt double.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X