THE NEXT DAY THREAD, March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always so good to find you happy, Cindi. I had a horrible tooth week last week, then managed to drive for hours on Sat to my grandson's 5th B/D party, taking my other granddaughters. One brought her friend, and we left the little one with my daughter and her children, and went on to the cabin overnight. I gathered them all in yest and drove home through terrible rain, but what a joyous thing to be involved and allowed! Yes, I am wiped out, and have to drive to ATL today for a doc visit (where I'll be chewed out for my condition!), but its worth it to live a normal grandma's life! You are a great inspiration to me, Cin. Believe in yourself!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;826040 wrote: SPOILER ALERT SPAM

Oh me Gord !
      The BL's are in New ZULAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Look out yer window Missy.
      Can yer seem 'em ?????????
      Its so gusty that they have been blown away down the south island attached to huge balloons ........... nothing but wild foods (huhu grubs and giant wetas) to eat down there ........

Had a really busy day yesterday .... Mum wasn't that well over the weekend and I took her to the GP yesterday who had her put straight into hospital. Turns out she had a new prescription which she had forgotten to pick up last week, hence her existing condition had got a lot worse. To cut a long story short, the rest home that she was going to move into in about a months time will take her straight into their hospital wing straight away. Is all happening quite fast, but is HUGE relief for me. It is really clear that her heart is not going to last for very much longer now anyway (she is 85) and my main concern now is that she has as high a quality of life as she possibly can for the rest of it.
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Oh, Missy! It's SO hard to deal with our parents, I know. But being there, strong and sober, will mean SO much. We're here for talking, OK, sugar? Good thing I've been following your thread, I know what wetas are! :H
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

thanks Ruby. Its all good ........ and the place she is going to is just terrific. And dealing with all of this sober has been so much easier than dealing with it drunk or hungover!!!
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss, I lost my parents before they reached 70, but now I have Hubs parents, both in their 80's, in my backyard, and no one wants to tell them the things they need to do but me. I'm low dog on the totem pole, so I have to watch this train wreck. You're doing a great job, hon.
            sigpic

Comment

Morning Missy, Cindi, Ruby, and all malakas from here and abroad to come,

Great to see you Cindos and Rubopolous! I love you, i love you, i love youse!
              Cindi, i'm lucky i've got my guitar, or i'd be really lost. That might sound trivial, but it's true for me.

Spamious, that is wonderful to hear you say that your home is now happier! That has made my morning. A home should alway's be a happy, vibrant, safe place.

Wouldn't mind having kid's one day. Err, suppose i'd better meet a woman first, but, ready for it, if life were to head that way in the future. I'd run a mile from that stuff up till now!
              (Read my blog at www.it's all about me isn't it?.com.au)

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical day, especially you, Sheepos.......;-)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G, I'm doing great with my mandolin, and now that I'm homeschooling my granddaughter, I'm incorporating that into her education. She can roll her eyes all she wants, but on our long drive over the weekend, when I picked the radio stations (oldies, Bluegrass), she and her friend actually began singing along!
                sigpic

Comment

Great stuff Rubes. And that music you're playing her will make for some lovely memories, not to mention if she pick's up a musical instrument, which is a great skill to have, as we know.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Yes, G, but first we have to have credibility before we can even OFFER the suggestion. I told her she HAD to read a book (that I chose), and she rebelled, until she opened it, then began to read more and more and finally asked to see the movied made from it. I have a follow-up already planned, and she will go along now, since she understands where I'm coming from. Next, music, and you and I know its addictive, too! She learned as much as I did about each other this weekend, and her friend told her I was 'the coolest Grandmother she'd seen! That's HIGH praise!
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, a mandolin playing granny? Cool alright! I rest my case.

Comment

Hey, you in Oz! Anyone affected by the cyclone? Everyone OK?
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi Rubes,

I think most of us on the NDT are unaffected by the cyclone. I think Mazzie is further north but I am not sure where and I haven't seen her in the newbies nest for a while.

Good Morning to All,

Gosh it's warm already and I have lots to do today. I am not quite full of energy yet but I have more than yesterday. I think today will be a mix of home office stuff and ironing. Going to get started on some banking and things when I have finished here.

Catch up later.

xx

Comment

Guitarista;826276 wrote:
                            (Read my blog at www.it's all about me isn't it?.com.au)
                            Mr.G,

Can you repost this link, please? I put in "it'sallaboutmeisn'tit" and got Lara Bingle's boobs.

Spam

Comment

Spam;826361 wrote: Mr.G,

Can you repost this link, please? I put in "it'sallaboutmeisn'tit" and got Lara Bingle's boobs.

Spam
                              That just made me LOL!

Comment

Your country is huge like ours, so I imagine there are areas that can be affected without bothering everywhere else. Hope everyone is safe.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X